Ultimaker, founded in the Netherlands in 2011, is a Private Equity backed company that designs, develops, assembles and sells 3D printers, related software and parts worldwide. Via an autonomous growth strategy, Ultimaker managed to become a leading player in the desktop 3D printer market. Ultimaker’s headquarters are based in Utrecht, furthermore the company has a R&D facility in Geldermalsen, a production facility in Zaltbommel and sales and marketing offices in Boston and Singapore. Ultimaker employs some 325 employees globally.
The mid-term plan is to quadruple the targeted revenue by 2025 while simultaneously improving the product mix (higher relative software percentage), the recurring/non-recurring revenue mix (higher relative recurring revenue percentage) combined with outperforming the expected market growth and thereby improving Ultimaker’s market share by some 50%.
Ideal position for scale driven CFO in a tech company with a global growth mindset
The desired candidate profile
- You have an academic degree in business economics, preferably including post graduation RA/RC;
- You are familiar with Dutch (financial/fiscal/statutory) setting, living in The Netherlands;
- 10+ years experience in multiple finance roles including experience as Finance Director or CFO carrying the end responsibility of a medium sized business;
- You have international experience, working for a global organisation with offices outside Europe such as the US and APAC;
- Successful track record in fast growing organizations. Has lived working capital management and immature operational processes and knows how to control and improve these;
- Experience with Private Equity, Capital markets and M&A is a plus;
- ffinity with a high tech environment and BI.
The job profile
The CFO is pivotal alongside the CEO in defining the ultimate vision, setting the strategy to achieve the vision and transforming the operating model to deliver success. The main objectives are:
- Value creation: Realise consistent and strong profitable growth;
- Build a strong team: You continuously strive for a scalable high quality finance organization;
- Cash management: Understand working capital pressures, liquidity and free cash flows;
- Finance & Accounting: Taking care of a streamlined finance operation;
- Stakeholder management: Continuous dialogue and interaction with all stakeholders;
- Focus on scale: A relentless focus and mild obsession on scale;
- Leverage technology: Understanding and adopting digital technology is very much on the CFO’s shoulders in a high growth business.
Are you interested?
If you would like to know more about the position or receive the extended job profile, please contact Emile.