OrganizationAt SustainCERT, they are on a mission to develop digital verification solutions to make credible climate action the new business as usual. They are launching the world’s first digital verification software platform for carbon markets and corporate value chain emissions. They are creating a race to the top where those who take climate action can be recognised and incentivised to aim higher because that’s the only way to meet our collective climate objectives.
The job profile
The CFO reports to the CEO and is a key member of the management team. The CFO will be a sparring partner to the CEO and take an active role in the transformation of the business to deliver success. As a CFO you understand what a scalable finance organization is, and how to create this in close collaboration with the business and by driving operational efficiency through processes, procedures and systems. Next to this you will be involved in M&A processen, own the financing of the company, build credibility with investors and position the company for a successful exit.
Key first-year priorities are:
- Install a strong dialogue with shareholders based on detailed understanding of business performance and risks
- Create company operational KPIs and embed technology-based data driven systems into the way the company operates to develop differential insights
- Build strong finance foundations:
- Build, motivate and grow a team of strong performers
“Impressive early-stage success and growing demand for SustainCERT’s services provide clear insight into the potential for SustainCERT to gain significant market share in the rapidly growing market for carbon emissions verification. They have an impressive (growth) strategy not only doubling in size YoY but also truly making an impact on climate change.”
The ideal candidate
- Master degree, preferably supplemented with post-master Qualification (CPA/RA/RC/CMA)
- At least 15 years of overall professional experience; ideally 10-plus years of senior leadership experience in fast growing companies
- Experience managing investors’ relations
- Experience in M&A buy & build and/or financing is a plus
- Experience in driving change across functional areas ideally in a start-up to scale-up context
- Experience managing a remote and culturally diverse team
- Track record of successfully managing finance in a fast growth context with a focus on customer satisfaction and continuous improvement, preferably in the SaaS industry
- A successful track record in setting priorities; sharp analytic, organization and problem-solving skills which support and enable sound decision making
- Track record of implementing world class business and financial reporting for performance review
Are you interested?
If you would like to know more about the position or receive the extended job profile, please contact Claudia.