Finance and Operations Controller
OrganizationFor a prominent European sports franchise and analytics platform, we are hiring a Finance and Operations Controller. The company is supported by a renowned US sports investment firm, deploying it’s operating expertise and a data-analytics strategy. This means there is close partnership with some of the top analytics-focused executives in sports. They will leverage their global sports and media network, analytics expertise and track record in sports developments to deliver successful growth and performance of their teams. In the last two years, the company grew fast with successful acquisitions and it will continue to grow through investments and acquisitions in the coming years. This is why we are now looking for a driven Finance and Operations Controller to set up and professionalize the multi-club holding structure of entities in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will join a small, international team in a role with broad responsibilities.
The job profile
This is your chance to join one of the most ambitious international sports and analytics platforms, in a pivotal finance role. Are you a sports minded finance professional, ready to join a dynamic and progressive sports investment company? Then, this is the right place for you – Please apply and maybe you are the new Finance and Operations Controller!
The company will continue to grow through investments and acquisitions. That is why we are looking for a qualified accountant to act as ‘the right hand” of the CFO. You will be taking ownership of all financial reporting and controls as well as integrating new investments to the Dutch Co platform. The finance team plays a critical role in how the business operates and therefore a deep understanding of Dutch GAAP and the Netherlands corporate eco system is required. The pace and diversity of the company throws up new and exciting challenges on a daily basis. The role represents a fantastic opportunity for a driven and robust individual with first class technical accounting capabilities.
In this new role you will be in the lead to building up substance at a local level and as such there will also be an operational aspect involved to running the Amsterdam HQ on a day to day basis. In order to be successful, you require a high degree of flexibility, proactivity, and a mind-set that is very detailed focused whilst always maintaining an awareness of the bigger picture.
"This successful European sports franchise and investment company will provide a firm career platform with future opportunities for personal development and progression and will furnish the successful candidate with skills and experience which will underpin their future career."
The ideal candidate
- Qualified accountant (RA, CPA, CA equivalent) with commercial awareness and business acumen;
- Strong technical accounting skills including both management and statutory financial reporting;
- Strong knowledge of both Dutch GAAP and IFRS. US GAAP is beneficial;
- Demonstrable ability to maintain robust financial control environment and drive process improvement/efficiency;
- Exceptional Excel and PowerPoint skills;
- Experience in managing teams and multiple workloads within tight deadlines;
- Effective interpersonal skills, managing communications within the finance team and across all stakeholders in the business as well as external partners;
- Takes responsibility for assigned processes/projects and able to progress to completion independently;
- Attention to detail, highly organised and with good time management;
- Strong analytical skills to support business decision making processes;
- Comfortable working with high volumes of data and able to rapidly assess workflow requirements;
- Inquisitive & with the ability to learn quickly.
Are you interested?
If you would like to know more about the position or receive the extended job profile, please contact Sjoerd.