OrganizationEpplejeck – the equestrian specialist in the Benelux with 18 superstores and a webstore with European reach. Epplejeck, founded in 2008, has built up a strong position as market leader in the Benelux. The culture is characterized by thinking in terms of opportunities, is very enterpreneurial and decisive. The shops are characterized by a good atmosphere, experience and service with trendy and modern superstores. The ambition is, under the recent private equity firm Mentha Capital, to expand further in the Netherlands, Belgium and other European countries. This will be achieved by opening new superstores and focusing on targeted acquisitions over the next 3 to 5 years.
"Our ambition is to make all riders in Europe fans of our brands. Together with Mentha we can expand the number of stores where you are immersed in the equestrian sport. We also want to expand our online activities to be able to offer the same experience digitally.”
The ideal candidate
- Completed Master’s degree, possibly supplemented with a postdoc (RC/RA);
- Experience in an overall responsible role in an entrepreneurial setting;
- Relevant work experience in wholesale, retail or e-commerce is a plus;
- Affinity and experience with creating a “modern” finance function in which IT, data and digitization play an important role;
- Experience in designing and optimizing the right management information for maximizing growth, margin and efficiency (using modern tools);
- Experience with ERP systems (Navision is a big plus);
- Excellent analytical skills and numerical insight with an eye for detail;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in Dutch and English.
The job profileAs CFO, you work closely with the two Managing Directors and you have broad responsibility for the organization. If you are able to bear a wider responsibility, the position will evolve into a broader CFO/COO position. The main focus areas are:
- Acting as a strategic sparring partner for the Managing Directors and other MT members where you ensure that the organization can scale with the forecasted growth;
- Own, critical input on strategic and tactical issues;
- Responsibility for Finance&Control, Legal, ICT, HR and other BackOffice functions;
- Responsible for optimizing a modern, digital finance function;
- Active role in the growth agenda when it comes to opening new stores and targeted acquisitions.
Are you interested?
If you would like to know more about the position or receive the extended job profile, please contact Emile.