For our client, a FTSE 100 multinational industrial organisation located in the Schiphol area, we are currently looking for an ambitious and skilled Assistant Financial Controller.
The business of our client started in 1940 in London. Today the organisation operates across 37 countries worldwide and employ more than 27,000 people. For the fiscal year 2016/17 they had a revenue exceeding the £4 billion.
The role supports the Financial Controller in overseeing and reporting on the financial performance of the Business Unit.
The Assistant Financial Controller is responsible for ensuring that the transfer price policy is followed and work alongside Group Tax to ensure that the correct information is supplied to the local Tax authorities as well as providing support with forecasting, budgeting and ad hoc requests.
This role will require occasional travel in Europe.
- Responsible for ensuring that the margin is accurate and accounted in accordance with Group requirements.
- Reconcile sale and purchase data to ensure that the sales and purchases agree
- Calculation of the sales volumes and reporting of the sales volumes including updating HFM
- Review if GRN’s and Read soft invoices to identify value of GRN’s that have been released.
- Calculation of purchase volumes Ensure no double counting or releasing of GRN’s that should not be released..
- Calculation and Reconciliation of Rebate accrual
- Review and reconciliation of margin
- Calculate the effect of different price movements in sales and purchases
- Supplier mix review
- Prepare Bridges for the Trading Update
- Prepare volume reports for Trading Update
- Support Financial Controller with ad hoc requests during month end
- Update PS database accurately with the months data. Identify and follow up any queries and amend as necessary.
- Ensure all rebate credit notes are reconciled and liaise with suppliers if there are any queries and authorize
- Maintain rebate spreadsheet and ensure it is up to date and accurate.
Forecast Process and Control:
- Once the monthly volumes that were agreed at the monthly Executive IBP meeting are received load them into the forecast. Check that they reconcile and resolve any queries.
- Ensure all purchase and sales prices are loaded into the forecast database accurately and identify, resolve and investigate any queries
- Assist the Financial Controller in reviewing the forecast and applying the assumptions
Fiscal Gain Share:
- Calculate the Fiscal Price correction
- Support the Business Controller by creating the necessary supporting documentation that needs to be sent quarterly with the Fiscal price Correction
- Support Group Tax as required
- Assist in the budget process including analytical analysis and the development of reports
Price Management Tool (PMT)
- Assist with the updating of external purchase prices, internal purchase and sales prices
- Create monthly Report packs for the Regions and the Division
- Answer any queries that they have
- Maintain regular contact with FSSC and follow up on agreed actions
- Provide analytical support
- Audit/corporate governance support
- Support future IT developments
Profiel geschikte kandidaat
You will be keen to develop and grow within the role and to take on additional challenges and responsibilities as they occur.
Education & Certifications
- Masters in Accounting and Control preferably with a Qualified Accountant, RA or CPA
Skills And Character
- As a member of the Finance team the successful candidate is prepared to roll up their sleeves and has a “get it done” attitude
- Strong Excel & SAP skills. PowerPoint and HFM (Hyperion) skills also an advantage
- Good analytical skills
- Experience of engaging, influencing and managing across functions and levels
- Ambitious and experienced in driving improvements
- Ideally 5 years+ IFRS Financial reporting experience.
- Advantageous to have worked with shared service centres or finance teams across multiple sites and countries or experience working for an audit firm and/or blue chip company
- Knowledge of systems for reporting and analysis
- Corporate governance & risk management, adherence to controls, policies & procedures.
- Exposure to Corporate planning cycles (Long-term plans -> Budgets -> Forecasts -> Actual Results).
- Fluent in English, knowledge of an additional language is an advantage.
€60.000 + benefits