For a large Dutch multinational in food production we’re currently looking for a Business Analyst Food Market Intelligence. Are you a driven and enthusiastic Business Analyst, who likes a role in which he/she can have direct impact on company performance? Then check out this opportunity!
What is the role of Food Market Intelligence?
The Market Intelligence department provides important input for top-management decision making at the organization. The Food Market Intelligence department gives insights in questions such as: What are the developments in the EU and world food markets? What are the implications for prices of food commodities? What will be the price for suppliers and farmers?
The department is also responsible for the forecasting of the guaranteed price that the organization pays to her suppliers and farmers. This Guaranteed Price is announced every month and forms the cost price for all the Operating Companies and Business Groups. Its calculation base is a forecast of weighted average price of raw products paid in Germany, Belgium, Denmark and the Netherlands and is a benchmark for many sales contracts. As such the Guaranteed Price is a considerable part of the organization costs and revenues that you forecast. You play an important role for the organization, due to the fact that Market Intelligence market price forecasts and scenarios are the start and a cornerstone of the Rolling forecast process.
What will you do?
- You are owner of the guaranteed price model. You have an expert role within the organization and calculate the guaranteed price on a monthly basis and you will frequently inform management about the developments as well as the implications for budgets and periodic financial forecasts.
- You will be "owner” of the Guarantee price forecasting process. You are responsible for updating and improving forecasting models, facilitate expert forecasting sessions and ensure continuous process improvement. Therefor you are able to explain forecasts, and the methodology used, to a variety of stakeholders in a understandable way.
- You will be the Key point of contact within company for food price development. You proactive advice colleagues on budgeting and forecasting and explain trends and educate new colleagues on the Guaranteed Price, with publications and presentations.
- You will be responsible the Food Market Intelligence forecast process out role. You will design scenarios, facilitate stakeholder dialogue and provide written explanation to the executive board and other stakeholders in the company.
- You will be on regularly base be in contact with a lot of stakeholders, in and outside the organization, in the Netherlands and in member states in order to keep the forecast models updated.
You follow trends and collect insights in the developments of the international food markets and learn how the price volatility of food commodity prices have impact on the organization Guaranteed Price.
Profiel geschikte kandidaat
We are looking for an independent worker, who can focus on details and maintain the general overview at the same time, while working closely with Finance colleagues in the business and at Corporate level. Next to that you recognize yourself in the following requirements:
- MSc Finance & Accounting or Business economics
- 4-6 years relevant working experience, for example as a finance consultant
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint.
- Good skills quantitative and qualitative analysis. Adept in dealing with high impact uncertainties and incomplete information when making analyses
- Good strategic thinking Skills, with an outside-in focus
- Strong skills in written, oral communication (Strong Dutch language skills are required and next to this you are fluent in English)
- Self-starting in managing responsibilities and deadlines
- Team Player, but also independent worker who feels comfortable in making decisions
- Flexible, and likes to work in a dynamic organization
- Accurate and driven to deliver good quality results
- Comfortable to interact with a variety of stakeholders