Our client is a leading European family owned fashion retailer known for sustainable fashion and value for money offering. The organisation is embarking on a multi-year transformation program and is investing significantly to sharpen its commercial positioning, revitalize its operational backbone, enhance its digital capability and online activity, improve its offline presence, modernize its store portfolio, and adapt its organisational structure and culture.
This multi-year transformation program consists of a dynamic set of projects, governed by the Transformation department, also called the Program Management Office (PMO).
To support these projects with the right quantitative analytical & PMO skills, our client is building a team of PMO / Business Analysts. The PMO / Business Analysts will support all relevant projects through project planning, project support, process-controls, reports and tools, analysis, and decision support. In addition, the PMO / Business Analysts act as interface between the Transformation Department and the European Finance Department.
The team of Business Analysts will report directly into the Director of Transformation. As critical support to the project teams, the PMO / business analysts will be member of the project teams and, as such, report functionally into the Project leaders (often business owners). Depending on the project, the Business Analysts will interact with several business departments, and with other members of the European Finance Department, responsible for the Financial Planning, Reporting and Controlling.
The PMO / Business Analyst team consists of a team of 3-4 Business Analysts and reports directly into the Director of Transformation.
The specific responsibilities of the Senior Finance Business Partner include:
- Project Management Office - Run pmo processes including timelines, deliverables, tracking, project-plans and charters, project governance
- Project oversight – engaging with project teams to ensure projects are on track and the strategic agenda is delivered.
- Project support – For selected projects, provide project management support (planning, reporting & tracking, analysis, business case making, structuring) and support skills
- Ad-hoc Analysis - Analyse financial data and create financial models / business cases for decision support
- Management reporting - Report on financial performance / business performance and prepare for regular leadership reviews
- Planning - Perform financial forecasting for outlooks and budgets, reporting, and operational metrics tracking
- Business Cases
- Evaluate financial performance by comparing and analysing actual results with plans and forecasts
- Provide analysis of trends and forecasts and recommend actions for optimization
- Recommend actions by analysing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses; study proposed changes in methods and materials
- Continuous Improvement
- Identify and drive process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools, and Excel dashboards
- Increase productivity by developing automated reporting/forecasting tools
- Perform market research - data mining, business intelligence, and valuation comps
Profiel geschikte kandidaat
- 4-6+ years’ experience in business facing analyst roles in large corporations or advisory firms
- Exposure to fashion, consumer goods or other retail industries
- Prior experience with enterprise transformation programs or improvement projects
- Proven work experience in a quantitatively-heavy role
- University degree or equivalent (MBA, CIMA) with a specialization in Finance, Economics, or Statistics
- Open and integer;
- Quantitative and analytical
- Structured and organized
- Results oriented
- Stress resilient
- Lead by example
Skills and capabilities
- Prepare and present senior management presentations;
- Excellent communication and stakeholder engagement;
- Leading self and others;
- Team player.
- Fluent in English;
- German is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office programmes (Excel, Powerpoint, Access);
- SAP and S4/Hana.
€ 80.000 - € 120.000