You will be working at a fast-growing fintech company with two separate business lines. Recently, the company is backed by private equity and ready for a new fase of growth. To facilitate the further growth of the company, the organization is currently setting up two seperate structures for both business lines. The Business Controller will play an important role in the further professionalization of the finance and reporting structures from the newly designed office along the Amsterdam canals. You will report directly to the CFRO and you are an important challenger of the management team.
The company offers its products globally, and services their customers from offices in London, New York Amsterdam and Barcelona. The company is currently employing 350 FTE, but the team is rapidly expanding.
The internal culture is characterized by a flat structure and direct communication with the emphasis on results and collaboration. As you can imagen, you will be working in a highly motivated, international and talented team.
Business Controller profile
The Finance department consists of a small team of multi-skilled and multi-cultural team members who run and support the daily finance operations of the business. Because of rapid growth of the company, we are now looking to expand this team by adding a new business controller. The business controller will act on a more strategic level to set up scalable finance and reporting structures. In this role, you will assist the management in performance management-, value creation and the planning and control of the business operations. You will report directly to the CFRO and the board and there will be some travelling towards the different offices in London, New York and Barcelona! On top of this, this role is an opportunity to start in a crucial role in which your growth and the growth of the company will develop equally.
- Business partner for all internal and external stakeholders;
- Preparation and presentation of financial and other decision oriented information;
- Execute the periodic budgeting, forecasting and reporting cycle (P&L, Balance and cash flow);
- Prepare business cases;
- Reporting to the Board (CFRO);
- Prepare Key Performance Indicator standards and performance reports;
- Prepare operational and financial decks to discuss performance with MT members;
- Initiate and develop cost efficiency & working capital improvement programs;
- Pro-active role in the development of the management and financial reporting structure.
Ideal Business Controller candidate
The ideal new team member is capable and motivated to thrive in a fast-paced agile start-up environment. This means you work in a pro-active and result-driven way without losing your eye for detail and accuracy. On top of that, you bring:
- 5-7 years working experience (in an operations or finance position) within a Financial Institution;
- Master degree or equivalent in business, finance or other related field, complemented by an RA or RC study/title (must);
- Strong business acumen and the ability to bring complex issue back to their essence;
- Your analytical skills make it easy for you to constantly prioritize, notice potential obstacles to be taken care of and the value of when and how to do something;
- Your stakeholder management is clear and on a high and professional level, making you the ideal person to work with for everybody within the company;
- You have a strong intrinsic motivation to get the best out of yourself and your time. Which means we wouldn’t have to bother to tell you what to do and when to do it;
- Language skills: English and Dutch (must).