The organisation is a leading company in technical engineering. Specialised in the manufacturing of durable fiber reinforced composites for Space, Aeronautics, Transport and Marine industries. The organisation provides their clients with high-end composite solutions either directly through advanced manufacturing of components or by developing industrialisation packages which we implement at manufacturers of choice.
The Finance department currently consists of seven people, consisting of the CFO, the Business unit Controllers, the Head of Financial Administration, two Financial Administrative Staff and an intern. In your role you will be part of the BU's MT and have a direct reporting line to the CFO. You will also work closely with colleagues from other departments.
Quote CFO; If the spreadsheet does not fit my screen it probably is too complicated.
Business Unit Controller profile
This is a new position in the fast growing environment. The new Business unit Controller will be responsible project control and reporting and you will support management as a MT member of the Business Units Aerospace. You will be responsible for putting the annual budget together with the business unit MT and translating strategy and monitoring projects.
A large part of your job will be the project control for new business projects and existing large project.
The main task of the (Project) Business unit Controller is to support the business unit with their business decision making, by developing and improving management reports. The role combines analyzing (international) project results with designing and delivering accurate information in finished reports.
Key result areas
Main tasks and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop insights based on thorough analysis and interpretation of (financial) data;
- Develop further internal management reports relevant to a project business which provide insight into the profitability of specific projects;
- Execute ad-hoc information requests from management;
- Project Control, including contract management;
- Improve reporting of developments in project results;
- Monitor procedures for Risk Management;
- Evaluate and improve calculation processes and post-calculation analysis at project close-outs.
Ideal Business Unit Controller candidate
- Motivated and high achiever;
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical capabilities;
- Good in planning, organisation and follow-up;
- Self-reliant with a strong team orientation;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Willing nice to learn and develop;
- Intrinsic motivation for personal and professional development.
Education and experience
- Master’s degree, preferably in Finance or Economics. RC;
- 4-5 years working experience as a project controller;
- Proven track record in project control within an international setting;
- Solid experience with building and analyzing management reports and developing KPIs;
- Fluent in Dutch and English.
65 - 75K