The organization is a worldwide leader in breeding and development of flowers and plants. The annual turnover is around 400 million euro. The organization have more than 7.300 employees worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, the organization has a diversified network of specialized production sites.
The organization is a global top 3 player in the flower business. BC partners is the second investment partner how has helped the organization to grow to a revenue of 400 Mln. With 8 units in the Netherlands and 10 internationally locations, the organization is a true global player. The organization is still building and growing and is looking for a great Business controller to help them.
The key to the success of the organization is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. The organization take pride in their corporate social responsibility efforts investing in the health, safety, and personal development of the staff as well as in innovative and sustainable techniques.
Business Controller position
The organization grows and flourishes. This results in a fast-changing and, therefore, challenging environment.
The Business Controller supports the Head Business Control and the Head Strategy in all type of financial activities like budgeting, forecasting, monthly reporting, business cases, cost analysis, cost prices, investments etc. The Business Controller should act as an active sparring partner, with a proactive, solution driven and critical attitude towards management. As a Business Controller IPT you are expected to connect Sales, Production and Business Units. The business controller should be able to lead and to cope with change.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Responsible for the Planning and Control Cycle (monthly reviews, forecasting and budgeting) for Business Units, Marketing and R&D;
- Perform deep dives on Business Unit profitability;
- Involved in target delivery;
- Involved in Capex planning and control;
- Support the Sales team in standardizing and stabilizing reporting;
- Play an active role in process improvements of the financial processes and systems (Exact, BI, product- and account profitability);
- Act as a business partner towards the IPT organization and a sparring partner towards the Head Business Control;
- Involved in post-merger integration.
Ideal Business Controller candidate
- Master degree in economics or business administration;
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant work experience;
- Self-starter, independent and proactive attitude;
- Drive for improvements and able to cope with a demanding and changing organization;
- Excellent analytical skills and conceptual capabilities;
- Must be able to interact with colleagues on all levels of the company, a team player;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Fluent in English and Dutch (verbal and written);
- Flexible and able to work under pressure within deadlines;
- Potential to grow into a senior financial management position in the future.