CFO Private Equity
The origin of Egeria lies in Private Equity and it is still at the core of its business today. Egeria is an active partner that aims to accelerate growth, both organically and through acquisitions. Egeria invests in healthy businesses in the Netherlands and the DACH region with an enterprise value of up to €350 million, with the underlying principle that management is a co-owner. The interest lies in businesses with growth potential that are active in markets with attractive prospects. In recent years Egeria has branched out into Real Estate through investments in and development of real estate projects. Since 2019 Egeria also has been an active investor in the public stock market with Listed Investments
Egeria Private Equity is structured in two teams (Funds and Evergreens) in order to optimize value creation for each individual investment. There is a solid backbone of institutional investors, families and team commitment. Through an active partnership model, Egeria supports companies across all industries on their growth path. They have an international approach but focus on companies that have a strong link to the Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Switzerland. The total PE portfolio currently consists of 20 companies in various sectors (14 Funds, 6 Evergreen).
The job profile
The CFO Private Equity (PE) is part of the Egeria finance team and a member of the board of directors for both the PE Funds (NL & DACH) and Evergreen activities (NL and US) (70%/30% time spend). You organize all financial and reporting activities of the PE practices and stay in close contact with the managing partners of the PE practices and the Group CFO. You are primarily responsible for the financial reporting over the investment activities, manage a compact finance team and fulfil an important role in assisting and challenging the investment teams (+/- 25). You are key in facilitating an efficient reporting process to internal and external stakeholders, as well as the development of the practices by further improving (risk management) processes, optimizing management information. Main responsibilities include Financial accounting & reporting for PE Funds & Evergreen, Investor Reporting/Relations, Risk management, Operations and Regulatory (AFM, DNB) & Compliance.
“Boldly building together: Entrepreneurial partners in business and real estate – ready to weather any storm together.”
The ideal candidate
- University education complemented with postgraduate education (RA / RC)
- At least 10 years’ relevant work experience in the financial services sector. Experience in private equity/investment/asset management is a significant plus
- Strong affinity with IT, experience with implementing and using modern accounting and portfolio management software very beneficial
- Advanced Skills in Microsoft Applications and experience with investment reporting tools beneficial
- Solid understanding of tax, accounting, financial processes and regulatory environment
- Excellent Dutch and English language skills, German would be beneficial
- Assertive, excellent communication, problem solving, and interpersonal skills
- Reliable, detail oriented ("eye for detail"), accurate and the ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- The CFO PE needs to be a solid sparring partner for his/her team, the Group CFO and CLO, PE Partners, and able to work with all colleagues/specialists seamlessly
- Hands-on mentality, understands all activities and financial metrices. Can translate actions to figures and vice versa
Heb je interesse?
Wil je meer weten over de functie of het uitgebreide functieprofiel ontvangen neem dan contact op met Emile.