Our client employs a large variety of nationalities from all over the world. The collective brainpower is huge and over the years highly skilled professionals decided to join the company to be able to boost the performance and potential of the company. There is a collective mindset that this company is a real challenger of the existing order and has the ability to be a disruptor to stay. The organisation breathes technical entrepreneurship, energy, pragmatism and a strong “can do, will do” atmosphere. Professionalism, stamina and an enormous drive and believe in the company typify the people within.
Our client has identified a need to appoint a highly driven, commercial and versatile CFO with a relentless focus on output. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and the Supervisory Board, the Chief Financial Officer will assume responsibility for all aspects of the Financial performance of the company.
The role will be a statutory director of the Management Board and member the Management Team. The Management Board consists of the CEO, CCO, CTO and CFO.
Main priorities of the position
The company is currently equity funded, and funding is an important area for the CFO. This requires deal experience and savvy, an ability to appropriately present and market the company, and to work with corporate finance advisors, due diligence teams, M&A lawyers. In addition the shareholder base requires strong stakeholder management skills in an international context at a high level of professionalism.
Investor and Shareholder management skills are crucial in being successful in this entrepreneurial and challenging environment. The CFO brings a strong strategical mindset next to the accountability for the areas of Financial Control and Accounting, IT, Compliance, Legal & Insurance.
In the coming years the CFO with her/his team will work on the following focus areas:
- External funding;
- Investor / Shareholder relations, IPO preparation;
- Team management and development (Head of Accounting (+2), Controller and Business Analyst and IT Manager);
- Long term planning in a fast growth environment;
- Management Decision Support system / process enhancement;
- Implementation of a new ERP system;
- Transitioning from Dutch GAAP to IFRS;
- Management and further set up of foreign entities from financial and legal perspective;
- Continuation of Risk Management;
- Evolving work load for Legal, Contracts and insurance requirements;
- Compliance: third party vetting, internal awareness and education, policies.
The candidate we are looking for
This is a rare opportunity to come in at a crucial and exciting phase of an early stage growth company where a significant value is attainable in the short to medium term. The CFO needs to be entrepreneurial, very stress resistant and has to be convinced in the strategy and future potential and success of the company. This is necessary certainly in gaining interest and credibility with current and potential investors.
As a member of the senior Management team, the CFO will contribute and add demonstrable value to broader business discussions, decision making and performance.
- Indicatively 15-20 years of work experience. Financial affinity key, preferably enriched by work experience in a projects and/or manufacturing environment, consulting, or M&A advisory / private equity;
- At a phase of his/her career where entrepreneurship is a crave. Desire to build something real; resourcefulness and resilience to deal with bears on the road;
- Dynamic, innovative and energetic mind-set, and proven leadership skills;
- Strong business planning & analytical skills;
- Excellent communication skills, in a complex stakeholder matrix (staff, supervisory board, shareholders, investors, advisors, analysts);
- Fluent in English and preferably Dutch;
- Strong output focus. Commitment to quality;
- Pragmatism, with quick grasp of essentials;
- Team player. Ability to be a strong coach. Sound awareness in and maturity with respect to own strengths and weaknesses, and proven ability to mitigate the latter;
- Able to drive change and business improvement. Mentality of “what did we (l)earn today?”;
- Affinity to “technology”;
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced and demanding environment with multiple on-going short and long term tasks.