PNO Group is a grants and innovation consultancy with a strong foothold in Europe’s most innovative economies. With over 500 highly skilled staff, 10 labels and presence in 9 countries, the group contributes to the missions formulated by national governments as well as the EU by supporting SMEs, large industries, academic organisations and research institutions in their innovation projects. PNO offers a wide spectrum of services in the field of grants, strategic innovation advisory, compliance, IT-tooling, legal and communication.
In 2023 PNO Group attracted a major investment from private equity firm Bencis Capital Partners. From this joining of forces, PNO Group will work toward three central objectives: scaling up to meet demand, investing in further professionalization to increase service excellence and, finally, a buy-and-build strategy to drive international growth.
The job profile
It is the ideal time for an entrepreneurial CFO with a proven track record in leadership positions and M&A experience to join the board of the PNO Group. You will make a substantial personal contribution to the further international expansion and professionalization of the already successful company. The new CFO will be an empathetic leader, independent and conscientious, with a strong focus on strategic direction, fostering growth, (financial) leadership, compliance and governance.
- Transformation: the coming period will be characterized by growth and transformation on all levels (shareholder, acquisitions, systems, board structure etc.). The CFO plays a vital role in these transformations.
- Strategy: develop high quality business strategies and plans ensuring their alignment with short-term and long-term objectives in joined cooperation with the CEO and the other members of the board.
- Leadership of the central staff departments (Finance, IT, HR, Legal, Compliance, GDPR – 50FTE). Foster a culture of continuous improvement.
- Financial & IT Performance:
- Assess and evaluate financial performance of organization with regard to long-term operational goals, budgets and forecasts.
- Provide insight and recommendations to both short-term and long-term growth plan of organization. Provide an independent perspective and to constructively challenge the label and country managers, ensuring that business decisions are grounded in solid financial criteria. End responsible for the processes for financial forecasting and budgets, and overseeing all financial reporting.
- Overseeing the IT landscape and provide strategic direction to the IT Manager with regards to relevant developments such as AI. End responsible for business tooling such as ERP.
- Risk and Compliance: ensure adequate assessment and mitigation of risk as well as compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements, including tax laws, accounting standards, corporate governance regulations, GDPR.
- External Relations: build trust relations with key partners and stakeholders and act as a point of contact for important shareholders
“Extraordinary things are happening in the market in which PNO Group operates. Whether their clients work on a regional, national or European scale, they always contribute in one way or another to the larger goals of our time. Think energy transition and climate, care and health, innovation, economic development. For this reason alone, as well as the enormous professionalism PNO takes on new challenges, we have great faith in PNO’s future, and are delighted to help them achieve their ambitions.”
The ideal candidate
- Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or a related field. (preferably RA/RC)
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant experience, with at least 10 years in a broad senior (finance) leadership role. Familiarity with diverse business functions such as Legal, IT.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Hands-on mentality
- Technical, financial capabilities (transfer pricing, Reporting)
- IT affinity and track record (ERP selection, Artificial Intelligence etc)
- Ability to work collaboratively internally and with external stakeholders (fe Private equity)
- Proven track record in Mergers & Acquisitions and integrations
- Fluent in English and Dutch
Heb je interesse?
Wil je meer weten over de functie of het uitgebreide functieprofiel ontvangen neem dan contact op met Claudia.