Foeth is the driver of the circular process equipment industry. They help their clients succeed by providing pre-owned, premium quality process machines for immediate upscaling or downscaling of production facilities. By reusing machines instead of producing new ones, they contribute to a healthier climate, saving 4.43 tons of CO2 emissions on average on every sold pre-owned machine.
Following the cycle that industry is moving from urban tot rural areas, Foeth primarily purchases machinery in Western Europe through their local offices in the Netherlands (Barneveld, HQ), France, the United Kingdom, Spain, Poland, Germany, Switzerland and Austria. They sell all over the world, from India to the US.
Since their acquisition by Private Equity company Intersaction and Erik Saat in 2016 Foeth has shown a strong annual growth rate and internationalization. Under the new CEO Michiel Schreurs they now are entering a new growth phase in which they aim to double to triple in revenue. Both by organic growth as well as through a buy & build strategy.
The job profile
As the CFO of Foeth you have a very active role and bring great energy and insight to the business and its relevant stakeholders. It is in your nature to deep dive into the business to truly understand the commercial and operational processes, key metrics, risks and opportunities. You continuously (re) evaluate all depending on business, market and/or regulatory variances to make sure you stay on the ball, manage risk and steer the business forward. You are responsible for managing and coaching the Finance team (3 FTE) and IT team (2FTE), whilst at the same ensuring a solid, scalable finance, legal and IT foundation in which future acquisitions are easily integrated.
As the CFO, you have the following objectives (3-5y horizon)
- Co-develop and execute the 5-year business plan and financial model. Lead the budget and forecasting process, ensure an efficient and insightful reporting cadence and co-lead the periodic performance reviews with the business and the Advisory Board;
- Measuring and improving core processes: defining and tracking commercial and operational KPI’s;
- Contributing to strategic projects, such as:
- M&A (DD, valuation, and purchase deal review), integration and synergy cases;
- Capex business cases;
- Commercial contracts and partnerships (pricing, T&C, legal, compliance);
- Automation and/or implementation projects.
- Ensuring strong, scalable end-to-end financial, legal & IT processes and developing the teams:
- Own and drive monthly, quarterly and year-end closing processes, ensuring timely and accurate (external and internal) reporting incl. assessment of income statements, key balance sheet items and cash flow;
- Manage and optimize working capital. Oversee monthly and other periodic cash flow projections, convenant reporting and funding structure in cooperation with internal and external parties, manage tax and optimalisation projects (e.g. transfer pricing) and treasury (cash pooling, hedging, etc.);
- Ensure adequate assessment and mitigation of risk as well as compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements, including tax laws, accounting standards, corporate governance regulations, GDPR, ESG;
- Overseeing the IT landscape and provide strategic direction to the IT Manager with regards to automation opportunities within finance and business operations (implementation of new tooling, interfaces, dataroom).
- Building up strong relationships with the Advisory Board, within the Management team, Leadership team and the business. Strong representative of the business towards external stakeholders such as the external accountant, tax authorities, external advisors, banks and clients.
The ideal candidate
- You have a completed a Master’s degree in Finance (e.g. Economics, Finance, Econometrics, Business Administration), preferably supplemented with Post-Master degree (MBA, RA of RC);
- Progressive experience in a (business oriented) senior finance role within an international B2B organization. Experience within trading, manufacturing and/or logistics industry is a plus;
- Strong technical finance knowledge, prior experience optimizing financial and operational processes, implement best practices and controls and utilizing IT innovations. Knowledge of IT and legal disciplines is preferred;
- Fluent in Dutch and English.
- You have the ability to build, lead and motivate a team;
- You are conceptually strong and capable of quickly providing oversight and structure in complex situations. You are a self-starter, bring focus and set the right priorities. Able to switch between conceptual and operational level and not afraid to get your hands dirty when necessary;
- You possess strong communication skills with the ability to convey the right message to the right audience in the right way, as well as being receptive to constructive feedback. You enjoy talking to and walking around the yard flour as much as any board room discussion;
- You are an authentic and well balanced personality. You are down to earth and act naturally in various settings within the organization. You are a true connector;
- You have an open and curious mind, you are entrepreneurial whilst keeping the needed balance and composure in a fast growing setting.
Heb je interesse?
Wil je meer weten over de functie of het uitgebreide functieprofiel ontvangen neem dan contact op met Claudia.