Commercial Controller EMEA
100 years of berry quality
Driscoll’s story goes all the way back to the 1870’s when Joseph ‘Ed’ Reiter and Dick Driscoll grew their very first strawberries in California. Soon they also started selling raspberries, blackberries and blueberries under the Driscoll’s label, a name that had become known as a quality mark. Driscoll’s moved to Europe in 2010 and opened their EMEA headquarters in Breda. After working together with Berry’s garden for over 10 years, Driscoll’s acquired them last year which made their turnover of their EMEA office grow to over the 2 billion.
Driscoll’s consider their social and environmental performance to be just as important as their economic success. The achievement of true sustainability is a journey, and one in which they don't have all the answers, yet. However they’re committing considerable resources and company leadership to ensure the continual progress in both reducing waste and preserving the natural and social resources on which everyone’s livelihoods depend. Beyond many initiatives throughout the Supply Chain, there are two major initiatives they are currently working on regarding sustainability: reducing plastic waste and water conservation.
The ideal candidate
- Completed a degree in the field of (Business) Economics;
- At least 7 years of relevant working experience as a Controller, preferably in an international organization within the consumer products or agri sector;
- Want to ‘build’, improve insights, and likes to dig in the data to make analyses;
- To the point and able to translate a complex story into key messages (e.g. board level presentations);
- You are collaborative and astute, able to build trust and respect within the network;
- You have energy and enthusiasm to relentlessly drive growth and change across the business and embrace new initiatives and practices;
- Leadership, the ability to effect change and make decisions within own sphere;
- You have the social skills to communicate at all levels of the company;
- Willing to travel occasionally and have an European driver’s license;
- Fluent in English and Dutch.
"At Driscoll’s people have the same team spirit and will-power to achieve great things; this is why people feel welcome in the company."
The job profile
To further develop and professionalize the finance department, Driscoll’s is looking for a Commercial Controller who can support the transition from an logistic organization to a demand-driven organization. You will be a leader in the commercial function with a goal to deliver on the financial and operational targets. You will participate in financial planning activities and carry out special financial or planning projects of varying nature and complexity according to the company’s needs. The Commercial Controller EMEA reports directly into the CFO (Sjors de Kruiff) .
As the Commercial Controller, you will also be a key business partner to the Commercial Director EMEA. You will provide data driven decision support, set customer volume, revenue and pricing targets and drive key controls in trade spend and sales contracts. In this role you will also have to travel abroad to remain in good contact with the farmers, packaging and/or distribution companies. That way you can build trust and relationships with important stakeholders for Driscoll’s across EMEA.
Heb je interesse?
Wil je meer weten over de functie of het uitgebreide functieprofiel ontvangen neem dan contact op met Jurriaan.