For a large Multinational in the Food industry (Head Office based in the Netherlands) we are now looking for a Commercial Controller, who will be working in their German organization located in the West of Germany. Good German and English language skills are a must.
The German organization is in a turnaround situation. A new leadership team has started recently to further professionalize the German organization and build on an even more successful proposition.
The finance team is also being professionalized. The Commercial Controller we are looking for is a team player who is able to develop Commercial Controlling to industry standard and who can challenge and advise sales and marketing teams on eye level. Profound Finance know-how should enable fast and holistic decision making support. You will work in a newly established team of finance professionals.
Commercial Controller Profile
The Commercial Controller will be challenged to set up and professionalize the commercial control processes within the next 2 to 3 years. You will report directly into the Manager Category Control or Manager Customer Finance, depending on your team.
- Controlling Customer Finance (Branded & Private Label Business, Food Service);
- Being a Business partner to sales (key account management) and marketing teams (from Director to Manager level);
- Responsible for forecasting / budget analysis and Actuals reporting;
- Support of monthly, half year and year closing processes;
- Act as a storyteller: preparing insightful management information and presentations to make numbers visual for the business;
- Functional projects.
Ideal Commercial Controller Candidate
- Minimum 6-8 years of relevant experience in the FCMG, Food, Retail or consumer products Industry; preferably in the German market;
- Strong academic background, preferably Business Economics or Business Administration with a focus on Controlling;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Self-starter, team-player, eager and committed;
- Out-going, but solid;
- Excellent German and English language skills and strong communicating skills in general;
- Strong IT-skills and excellent Excel skills, preferably SAP experience;
- Be a counsellor for directors and senior management;
- Involved in the business and be a business partner.