Born and raised in The Netherlands, Catawiki started in 2008 and have since grown to over 800+ Catawikians, working across 7 international offices, while maintaining the start-up mentality every step of the way. In December 2020 they received a new €150m investment round led by Permira and are excited to be building out our team and business further across the world from the new headquarters in Amsterdam at the famous Rokin. Their mission is to connect passionate enthusiasts with the objects that tell their stories. As Europe’s fastest growing online auction platform, they help over 10 million people discover new treasures every month. This means continuous growth and always open to new, ambitious talents that will help shape the future of Catawiki.
Catawiki means continuous growth and is able to shape great challenges for ambitious talents who want to further shape their own career – and that of Catawiki.
Het gewenste kandidaatprofiel
- +8 years of relevant financial and commercial work experience, ideally within an online, e-commerce or subscription environment;
- Excellent business modeling & advanced spreadsheet skills, with significant experience in forecasting and creating and working with driver based models;
- Combining an analytical mindset with great people skills: connecting cross functional teams to deliver against goals and targets;
- Able to help the business really understand how financial control can drive long-term growth and help the finance department understand the need for commerciality, explaining complex financial/commercial concepts in simple terms while remaining creative in developing solutions in to challenging problems;
- An ability to balance working in the detail with the bigger picture, to create robust insights and actions;
- Fluent in English, both written and verbally.
This is an exciting role for someone who not only wants to crunch numbers but also wants to add value directly to the Catawiki business. A finance professional who truly understands the drivers of marketing channels in an e-commerce environment and who can bring a commercial mindset and data-driven thinking to marketing planning. Therefore you have a deep understanding of the dynamics between marketing investment and buyer and seller growth, and the resulting GMV, revenues, Returns on investment, Cost of acquisition and retention and customer lifetime value. As a Business Partner you will act as the trusted Finance Business Partner for the VP Marketing and the wider Marketing team. You will lead high-quality reporting of performance against targets and provide analysis and actionable insights to leadership and managers while partnering with them to incorporate insights into plans. Furthermore you will be developing ROI and profitability insights across channels, categories and geographies, monitoring the return on investments against plans, and taking appropriate actions where needed. Due to the continuous growth of the organization, the tasks and duties of this role will evolve over time and you are keen to develop and challenge yourself to take on additional projects and responsibilities as they present themselves.
Heb je interesse?
Wil je meer weten over de functie of het uitgebreide functieprofiel ontvangen neem dan contact op met Frederik.