Since over 60 years, Paques helps industries to reduce water and carbon footprints and reclaim valuable resources. Paques’ anaerobic water purification systems produce energy (biogas) from wastewater, whilst purifying the water and facilitating water reuse. After the introduction of the first BIOPAQ® reactor in 1981 Paques developed a broad portfolio for integrated water and gas treatment in close cooperation with partners. All the solutions proved to be cost-effective and highly reliable. Because of this sustainable characteristics, leading companies from a variety of industries worldwide select Paques as their partner for meeting their purification and sustainability obligations (https://nl.paques.nl/).
Currently Paques has its Global HQ in Balk (Friesland), but also has offices and/or production facilities in China, Brazil, United States, India, Thailand and Malaysia. The European head-office is also located in Balk.
The job profile
This is an unique opportunity to experience working in a sustainable and fast-paced global company where you will work closely with multiple (international) stakeholders. In this position you will be a key business partner and work closely with the MD Paques Europe (Paula Gonzalez) and in a dotted line with the Paques Global Finance Director and the CFO (Marco Schmidt). In this role you will have a wide range of Financial Control, Business Control and Project activities.
Since Paques is growing they are looking for a Controller to strengthen their European finance team. In this role you will also collaborate closely with the Global finance Team (in total 5 FTE ). You will fulfil a key role in controlling the financial numbers and ultimately be responsible for finance within the Europe division (€30 mio.) . You will be responsible for making risk-analysis of the projects, provide reports on key issues based on KPI’s, benchmarking and improve and unify the provision of information.
"Paques has more than 30 years of experience helping companies and governmental institutions reduce their water and CO2 footprint and reclaim valuable resources."
The ideal candidate
- University level of education in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration;
- At least 5 years’ experience in a complex, rapidly developing multinational organization, preferably in a Energy,
- Oil & Gas or renewables sector, with project control exposure and/or big 4 experience;
- Thorough knowledge of financial drivers and the Percentage of Completion method for accounting revenues and expenses of long-term contracts;
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to influence, lead, coach and develop others;
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities. Strong attention to details, math proficiency;
- Expert in accounting & financial analysis software (including database interfaces) and Excel;
- Pro-active, structured working style and the ability to remain focused on goals in a complex environment combined with a ‘getting-things-done’ mentality;
- Fluent in English and in Dutch (verbally and in writing).