Are you able to become a leader in this multinational? Are you able to lead the company in the transformation to a well-connected, more profitable and collaborative business? You will provide concrete solutions in response to the new and existing information requirements of internal and external stakeholders. Starting in a corporate role, there will be a lot of opportunities to grow to operating companies or other corporate departments.
Our client is a global player in the construction industry and on a journey to transform to a well-connected, more profitable and collaborative business. Therefore they are looking for professionals willing to engage in this journey together with the operating companies full of smart and dedicated people who really know their markets and clients. The company has an open, safe culture in which people feel free to speak up, debate issues and learn from each other.
For the Control Department, we are looking for a controller with a strong affinity for information provision and financial applications. Together with your colleagues in this global control team, you will be responsible for preparing consolidated monthly, quarterly and yearly reports. You will play an important role in explaining the information, supported in the near future by dashboards. You will serve as a point of contact with respect to a number of financial information systems, e.g. SAP BI (project database) or SAP BPC (planning and consolidation).
Interacting with them, you will provide concrete solutions in response to the new and existing information requirements of internal and external stakeholders. You and the business on group level, will inventorize their reporting needs, after which you will independently work on new reports. You will also be requested to draw up reports on an incidental basis. As a group financial controller, you will have the freedom to work proactively on a number of projects, including improvement projects.
Other tasks and responsibilities:
- To serve as the point of contact for end-users of the aforementioned financial applications, answering their technical and financial questions;
- To analyse financial information regularly provided by the operating companies, making an active contribution to the internal reporting and external quarterly and annual accounting;
- To identify new developments and guide external parties in the event of changes to systems, migrations and scheduled change processes;
- To support keeping data in the various systems up to date;
- To take advantage offered by dashboarding (you are yourself able to create dashboards)
Ideal candidate profile
- A graduate from a university of applied sciences in Business Administration, Business Economics or Accountancy at a minimum;
- 8 to 10 years’ relevant work experience, preferably international;
- Experience with reporting, and an ability to distinguish primary and secondary issues;
- Experience with and familiarity using Excel;
- You are ‘IT savvy’; experience with SAP BPC is preferred;
- A good command of English and Dutch (written and spoken).
And you are:
- Inquisitive; you dare to ask difficult questions and will continue asking questions where others stop;
- A robust, open discussion partner at all levels, both internal and external;
- Someone with strong analytical skills who combines their financial expertise with thorough knowledge of the business processes.