For a major cybersecurity technology provider we’re currently looking for a Director Group Control.
The organisation is one of the most innovative IT security software vendors in the world today and works with government organizations, large enterprises, SMEs and private individuals across more than 150 countries. They are dedicated to providing solutions to each of their challenges and needs – and their dedication proves to be successful. They constantly anticipate, innovate and go the extra mile.
Director Group Control Profile
The finance team will embark on a thorough review of its function in 2019 and the role will play a key role in the design and implementation of a new operating model for finance. For an experienced and ambitious Director Group Control, this represents a unique opportunity to develop your career in what is a highly visible role working alongside a talented, strategic and highly focused Executive team and Board of Directors.
- Establishment of ‘PLC ready’, reporting and governance process;
- External reporting for Quarterly and FY including the lead on external audit and authorship of the Annual Report;
- Management of Audit Committee reporting and production of comprehensive and timely papers;
- Ownership of accounting policies including authorship of policies manual and implementation of new IFRS across the group;
- Setting the standards of internal financial control across the Group, including the establishment of robust controls self-assessment process against a pre-determined minimum standard;
- Contributor to the Group’s overall risk processes including authorship of relevant sections of the annual report;
- Monthly balance sheet reviews and spot checks across the business driving improvements in controls and general balance sheet hygiene;
- Taxation – line management of tax function including compliance;
- Drive efficiency whilst securing strong control environment and risk management in the financial processes of the Group Finance transformation;
- Be part of the core executive team in charge of an ambitious finance transformation programme aiming to improve efficiency, compliance & control and the quality of finance outcomes (notably business insight) through a thorough review of technology, process and people;
- The programme will also deliver a clearer career path and development opportunities to the finance team.
Ideal Director Group Control Profile
We are looking for a qualified accountant (preferably Big 4 ACA) with sound technical accounting skills. You will have gained experience in the group function or had regional/divisional controllership, of a listed business and ideally had some responsibility for a finance transformation process.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate strong cost control experience, including tight working capital and treasury management, and have managed a large team. It is essential you have a ‘can do’ attitude, are hands-on and willing to get involved in the detail.