Are you able to act as the trusted business partner for the General Manager of two Business Units of this fast growing internet platform?
This fast growing internet platform is becoming one of the leading e-commerce websites in many countries. Headquartered in Amsterdam, they have now grown to 500+ employees working across several international offices and are proud to have maintained their entrepreneurial mentality. The scale up environment encourages everyone to initiate and experiment with new ideas.
Financial Business partner profile
To facilitate the continuous growth, the company is further professionalizing the finance organization. In the new finance team, there will be room for a Senior Business Controller / Finance Business Partner to act as the trusted Business Partner for the General Managers of two of the Business Units.
What you will do
This is an exciting role for an experienced Finance professional who not only wants to crunch numbers but also wants to add value to the business. You are able to turn external and internal data into valuable insights and bring numbers to life. Together with the General Managers, you will determine where to invest to unlock the significant market potential, as well as budget and measure the return of those investments. Due to the continuous growth of the organization, the tasks and duties of this role will evolve over time. As this is a newly created role, you will be keen to develop and grow within the role and challenge yourself to take on additional projects and responsibilities as they present themselves.
An example of a concrete business case you will work on as a Finance Business Partner:
1) The organisation has established its presence in many countries, however there is still a lot of room to grow in many countries. Together with the General Manager of the Business Unit, you will make country analysis to understand which country will give the best return for certain categories. What investments are needed from e.g. a people perspective and a supply and demand (marketing) perspective, how do we define success and how do we measure the return?
Next to this, your tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Communicate proactively with business General Managers to understand where the
business (and cost base) is heading and how you can assist them;
- Making forecasts and plans on how the topline and costs will develop, connecting
(internal and external) information and data you get about current and future performance;
- Perform analytical deep-dives to analyze problems and marketing opportunities by
researching and building financial models;
- Assisting in preparing and calculating business cases and scenarios;
- Developing profitability insights in categories (category P&L);
- Identify new business initiatives together with business general managers;
- Monitor the return on investments and take appropriate actions if needed;
- Prepare a risk analysis to identify (financial) risks in the business and advise on mitigation
- Maintaining and improving an efficient and effective Planning & Control Cycle with a
strong link to business drivers.
This organisation offers you the opportunity to work in a scale-up culture where everything you do matters. You will have the freedom to initiate your own projects and drive them to completion.
Ideal Senior Business Controller candidate
Who are you
- You have a Masters’ degree in Business, Finance, or other related field;
- You have a background that combines business and technology, which enables you to use your
technical skills to turn data into insights in a scalable and reproducible way;
- You are an experienced analyst (8-10 year experience) that can work independently and can
prioritise based on impact;
- You have experience in forecasting and creating/working with P&Ls;
- Knowledge in building and maintaining financial models, SQL and advanced Excel skills will be an advantage;
- You have excellent quantitative and analytical skills;
- You are able to build strong relationships with different stakeholders;
- You are reliable, hands-on and have a focus on quality results;
- Experience in e-commerce or online business is preferred;
- Fluent in English both written and verbal.