GoodNRG is a pioneer, global market maker and market leader in truly sustainable biofuels. Their goal is to create a better world by accelerating the energy transition in these transport segments for which biofuels are one of the best or only viable alternatives in the foreseeable future. Together with their clients and suppliers, they create and implement sustainable solutions for land and sea. As a transition partner, the company accompanies their clients in setting sustainability goals and helps to move towards a better world.
GoodNRG is a young and dynamic company, currently mainly active in The Netherlands, but very fast growing. The company will start businesses in Asia, America and The Nordics shortly. At GoodNRG, 25 passionate colleagues with an international background work hard for the company purpose: “Propelling a better world by zeroing the future”. The Dutch head office is based in the inspiring environment of the Amsterdam Houthavens.
GoodNRG is a Network Company of FinCo Fuel Group. FinCo Fuel Group is a leading distribution company in Northern European downstream fuels market. FinCo has a decentralized organizational structure with extensive local responsibilities.
“The energy transition does not benefit from evolution but needs a revolution. We are sophisticated rebels. At GoodNRG we have been fully committed to ‘propelling’ the energy transition in heavy transport since we were founded in 2015. We continuously improve and innovate our market-making, unique products and services. We make things easy. We have the knowledge, the experience, and the courage to guide you in your transition. Dedicated to ‘zeroing’ the future for a Better World, together”.
The ideal candidate
As Finance Director you are hands on, ambitious and stress resistant. You are focused on quality and have a clear vision on finance, IT and people. You have strong leadership and planning & coordinating skills. And of course very important: you are passionate about sustainability and GoodNRG’s purpose of accelerating the energy transition. You are committed to go the extra mile for this and you want to be part of a fun team that doesn’t mind a good office party every once in a while. Furthermore you recognize yourself in the next criteria:
- Completed Master’s degree in Finance or Accounting and 7+ years’ experience in (senior) finance roles;
- Extensive experience in setting up frameworks that create measurable business objectives and unlock actual insight into business progress compared to targets;
- Experience within an international, fast growing and multicultural company; Experience in the commodity/ certificates business is a plus;
- IT savvy and experience with system implementations;
- Knowledge of the logistics process and/or the commodity trading industry;
- Fluent in English.
The job profile
This is a very exciting opportunity to join GoodNRG, a fast growing and sustainable company, in the role of Finance Director! You will become a member of the board of directors and you will facilitate further double digit growth while enhancing financial stewardship, transparency, compliance and performance. You will work closely together with the managing board and you will report into the CFO of FinCo Fuel Group. Next to further professionalizing the financial back bone and financial systems of the company, you will be in the lead for setting up the finance business partnering function with regards to business cases, investments and strategic projects and co-facilitate the anticipated growth.
Your main objectives:
- End responsible for all financial matters, including accounting, reporting, planning cycle and performance analysis;
- Further professionalizing the accounting and financial control structure;
- Setting up a solid business control function with state of the art BI tools supporting the international growth;
- Implement a strong budgeting process;
- Set up risk management and cash/treasury management:
- Managing the current finance team of two professionals;
- Business Partner of the board and management team regarding strategic projects: new business development initiatives, investments, business cases etc.
Heb je interesse?
Wil je meer weten over de functie of het uitgebreide functieprofiel ontvangen neem dan contact op met Sjoerd.