Our client is an international vegetable-breeding company. So what does that entail? In a nutshell, the company develops new vegetable varieties. Our client does this for more than 30 different vegetable crops and produces and sells the seeds of these crops all over the world.
Besides an international vegetable-breeding company, it is also an independent family business. For three generations, an entrepreneurial spirit, long-term vision and focus on innovation have characterized the company’s distinctive features and healthy growth.
This company is a true global company with over 2,200 employees with 40 nationalities, working in 45 subsidiaries and three joint ventures in 26 countries. The products are sold in over 100 countries. Thanks to the multi local approach, they are close to their customers and their markets - no matter where in the world.
What are you going to do as a Finance Manager?
The main goal is that you ensure and optimise the Dutch finance organisation. To be able to streamline the financial processes at our Dutch organisation more effectively, we are looking for someone with strong leadership and people skills and excellent financial knowledge. You will (in)directly be leading a team of 13 colleagues, from both financial administration and control.
Furthermore, you will be responsible for:
- Proactively managing, coordinating, developing and optimising all financial tasks and processes with a strong emphasis on stock management.
- Optimization of working capital.
- Correctly applying global Accounting principles and financial guidelines.
- Ensuring compliance with local laws and regulations and tax obligations.
- Implementing the global reporting, budgeting and forecasting process.
- Precisely executing the monthly and quarterly closing to ensure the reliability of the management information.
- Leading and coordinating the external and internal audit processes and drawing up the annual accounts of the company.
Profiel geschikte kandidaat
You have a Master's degree in Finance and/or Accountancy and have relevant working experience in a complex - preferably production or supply chain- environment. You get energy from leading and building a team and enjoy to challenge and stimulate others to initiate action and take more ownership. This way you can help the team to grow to the next level, both professionally and personally.
You recognise opportunities and possibilities and always think about the next step to take, so you can take the right actions and decisions at the right time. Besides this, you find it important to keep communicating about relevant topics with your team and other colleagues.
Furthermore you have excellent knowledge of financial matters. Due to this combination you are able to find the perfect balance between leading people and keeping the numbers organised.
In short, you;
- have Master's degree in Finance and/or Accountancy (MSc or RA);
- have current and wide knowledge of, and experience in leadership;
- have 7 to 10 years of relevant work experience, both in finance and management. Preferably with experience in a major industrial production environment;
- excellent communication skills in the Dutch and English language, both spoken and in writing;
- have strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- have the ability to think and act in terms of processes and have the drive for continuous improvement.