Over the past 50 years, Caldic has transformed from a traditional trading company into a global solutions provider for the life science and industrial markets. They have evolved from their origins in base chemicals to offering specialty ingredients and solutions with high added value. Their innovative and sustainable solutions in life science and specialty chemicals for the food, pharma, personal care and industrial markets are available via their global network.
Through a series of strategic acquisitions and mergers, alongside investments in state-of-the-art application and product testing labs, culinary innovation kitchens, cleanrooms for pharmaceutical solvents and the expansion of several of their offices and warehousing facilities, Caldic are well positioned to continue on their growth journey, delivering inspiring solutions that help drive the efficiency and sustainability of their business partners and customers alike.
Advent International, one of the largest and most experienced global private equity investors with a well-established track record in chemicals, and Wilbur-Ellis, one of the largest family-owned companies in the world, announced in October 2022 that they have reached an agreement to merge their life sciences and specialty chemicals solutions businesses, Caldic B.V. and Connell, to create a global leader in its sector.
The job profile
In this dynamic role, you will be heavily involved with the M&A integration of the merger with Latin America. In addition, you will be involved in various transformation processes and in making Caldic private equity exit ready.
You are responsible for the group consolidation process (in total 70 entities and growing) and ensuring timely availability of consistent IFRS compliant reporting to internal and external stakeholders. Together with your colleagues in this global financial control team (ca. 5 FTE), you will be responsible for preparing consolidated monthly and quarterly management reports, and the external consolidated financial statements. You report and will work closely together with Group Head of Financial Control and Reporting. Moreover, you will serve as a key user with respect to a number of financial information systems.
You will provide concrete solutions in response to the new and existing information requirements of internal and external stakeholders. You and the business on Caldic’s group level, will explore their reporting needs, after which you will independently work on new reports. You will also be requested to draw up reports on an incidental basis. As a Financial Controller Group Consolidation at the Group, you will have the freedom to work proactively on a number of projects, including improvement projects.
"We're committed to inspire solutions that help drive the efficiency and sustainability of our business partners and society at large."
The ideal candidate
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Accounting / Controlling / Audit, RA/CPA is a plus.
- Minimum 8 years' of full time experience, ideally a combination of big 4 audit and Group/HQ consolidation role.
- Advanced hands-on knowledge of reporting and/or consolidation process, systems and controls.
- Experience with Group consolidation and reporting.
- Strong technical knowledge of IFRS and experience in writing accounting memos/position papers.
- Strong IT affinity and data management skills.
- Experience with handling multi-dimensional data structures.
- Fluent Spanish or Portuguese is a plus for support of integration of our LATAM business.
- Proactive, enthusiastic and enjoy some humor/laugh at work.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX, ExQL, HFM Hyperion or equivalent is a plus.
Heb je interesse?
Wil je meer weten over de functie of het uitgebreide functieprofiel ontvangen neem dan contact op met Maureen.