We’re looking for an ambitious and skilled Financial Controller!
Our client is a FTSE 100 multinational industrial organisation located in the Schiphol area. The business started in 1940 in London. Today the organisation operates across 37 countries worldwide and employ more than 31,000 people. For the fiscal year 2018 they had a revenue of £ 5,765M.
The organisation has a very active and successful strategy which consists of an buy- and built vision and refocussing of the company targets and products. Also they increasingly invests in sustainable business solutions.
Financial Controller Profile
As an ambitious Financial Controller, you will have a pivotal role in setting up and professionalizing the financial processes for the division. Together with a lean and intelligent, motivated and dedicated team of financials, you will take finance to the next level. The role supports the Financial Control Manager and the business in all Financial Control matters.
The key word for this position is proactivity. The organisation is very high paced due to internal and external developments: acquisitions and integrations, increased demand for packaging and an increasing focus on sustainable business solutions. Due to the nature of the company, this setting requires meticulous and high level financials that are on top of their game and able to support the business in any way necessary.
In short you are responsible for the accounting and financial processes of the company and ensure accurate financial reporting and effectiveness of controls.
- Budgeting and forecasting: Assist the budget and forecast process including analytical analysis and the development of reports. Also, run the working capital models;
- Discounts: Maintain overview of supplier discounts and protect possible loss of these discounts due to late payment. Furthermore, identify areas of improvement to avoid possible loss of discounts;
- Identifying areas of improvement to facilitate a smarter close process;
- Month end: update PS database accurately with the months data. Identify and follow up any queries and amend as necessary. In addition, prepare standard month end journals and support with ad hoc requests during month end;
- Fixed cost accounting: Analyze and prepare monthly reports for budget owners internally;
- Price Management Tool (PMT): Assist with updating the PMT system for the latest external purchase prices and internal purchase and sales prices;
- Maintain regular contact with Financial Shared Service Centre and follow up on agreed actions;
- Provide analytical support;
- Audit/corporate governance support;
- Support future IT developments;
- Analyzing and resolving any un-reconcilable items on a timely basis;
- Ensuring activities are completed on timely basis to meet reporting deadlines.
Profiel geschikte kandidaat
As Financial Controller you will be keen to develop and grow within the role and to take on additional challenges and responsibilities as they occur.
Furthermore you recognise yourself in the following:
- Academic degree in a financial, economic or related field;
- Multiple years accounting experience, for instance in a Big 4 accounting firm;
- Working towards a Finance qualification or achieved one (RA, CPA, ACCA, RC e.g.);
- Strong analytical approach with the ability to think outside the box;
- Ability to challenge the work they or others are producing and to try and improve on the work methods;
- Comfortable with change and able to adapt to change quickly;
- Able to work within a set of defined rules as required accurately and within a timetable;
- Strong Excel skills and experience of working with databases
- Experience with SAP and HFM would be preferred;
- Good attention to detail;
- Business acumen: you are a strong communicator, able to listen to, work with and challenge different kinds of internal and external stakeholders;
- Excellent verbal and oral communication skills;
- Multilingual not essential but preferred;
- This role will require occasional travel in Europe.
You will be working at a successful multinational together with a lean and intelligent, motivated and dedicated team of financials. Supporting the Financial Control Manager and the business in all Financial Control matters you will be keen to develop and grow within the role.