For an entrepreneurial and recognized global quality leader in the Services industry we are currently looking for a Global Head of Tax.
With over 2.500 people working from more than 39 offices across 28 jurisdictions worldwide, they pride their selves on creating teams of highly skilled individuals capable of delivering local knowledge, on-the-ground expertise and global excellence. The company is listed at the stock exchange.
Ideal Global Head of Tax
- University degree in tax law, tax economics or equivalent;
- Experience in a Big 4 environment and within HQ of Multinational preferably in a listed environment;
- Knowledge of International tax regimes is a strong plus. LLM, MBA in addition to tax education is plus;
- Strong knowledge of managing and implementing transfer pricing projects;
- Always being in control in all aspects of the role;
- Being able to work and act in a highly complex international Tax environment, with diverse projects including M&A;
- Experience in Tax Accounting & Reporting;
- Experience with Group-level tax management and decision making;
- 10 years+ experience in international tax, preferably dealing with large cross border transactions in a multi country setting;
- Ensure global tax compliance (CIT and VAT):
Deploy global tax policy and transfer pricing policy;
Maintain and further improve the tax accounting and reporting structure;
Participate in Business Monitoring Committee on a regular basis;
Participate at ad-hoc basis in compliance reviews;
- Able to work well and closely with internal and external stakeholders;
- Main Internal Stakeholders include:
CFO / Group Control / Treasury
Country MD / FD
Legal department / M&A
- Key external stakeholders include:
- Tax Authorities
- External tax advisors
- Hands-on character, getting the job done mentality;
- Strong Business Acumen, able to develop own vision on company and liaised tax strategy;
- Develop a Holistic view of the role of the Tax function within the organisation and being able to step up to develop a Helicopter view;
- Team player with strong communication skills.
Global Head of Tax
The Global Head of Tax is responsible for all tax matters including, tax and transfer pricing policies, and correct accounting of current and deferred taxes. The role reports directly to the CFO.
- This position pro-actively drives tax structuring, entity structuring, transfer pricing and oversight on tax operational risks as well as compliance reviews;
- The objective of this role is to create and maintain an optimal balance between Tax Value and Risk whilst focusing on continuous compliance;
- This role strategically and operationally interfaces with Country FD & Markets Finance, Legal, Business Development, Treasury, Entity Management, Group Controller, and other functions to ensure strategies are understood, business changes are reflected and projects are implemented;
- This role leads tax accounting analysis and documentation to ensure the organizations consolidated financial statements are accurately reflecting the tax risks of the Group;
- This position is leading in executing accounting standards for relevant tax accounting reporting;
- The incumbent interacts with Regional and Market finance teams as well as external auditors.