Our client is a private equity owned, leading global manufacturer of branded apparel for the B2B market. The company has a Global distribution network and operates multiple production facilities. Management and Shareholders aim to continuously grow (international). Mutual goal is to further grow the organization both organic and via acquisitions. With this continuing growth and success, they are looking for a strong Group Controller to strengthen the Finance Team.
Group Business Controller Profile
In this position you will report directly to the CFO and will be functionally managing Finance for the different production entities. The role will have both business control (75%) and financial control (25%) characteristics. The ideal candidate is someone with strong finance and accounting acumen, is able to see the big picture and work at a strategic level, yet knows the details and is willing to roll up his / her sleeves to get the job done. This is very much a hands-on role and you will be expected to produce and understand the numbers as well as motivate the entire finance team to achieve deadlines and high quality output.
This role involves extensive daily interaction with senior management, functional teams and finance colleagues. Therefore it is essential that you have strong leadership and communication skills in English and preferably Dutch. In combination with a strong eagerness to develop best practices and optimize the financial control and compliance function. You will be initiating and participating in several efficiency projects.
Due to the continuous growth of the organization, the tasks and duties of this role may evolve over time. You will be keen to develop and grow within the role and to take on additional challenges and responsibilities as they occur.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Develop management information and KPIs that can be regularly reviewed by senior management to monitor performance;
- Responsible for the financial consolidation and reporting (including comments) of the Group on a periodic (4 week) basis, including:
- Consolidated periodic reporting towards Management and Shareholders;
- Owns the timely & accurate production of (audited) consolidated annual accounts;
- Responsible for the timely filing of statutory and corporate tax returns across all entities in the Group and any subsequent follow ups with the authorities;
- Optimize the working capital;
- Lead and deliver the annual budget and mid-term plan (in conjunction with the management team);
- Optimising the Production Variance Reporting;
- Reporting the Full Manufacturing Cost price, including yearly reviews and variance analysis;
- Analysis price developments of raw materials;
- Act as a Finance business partner for Sales and Production including business analytics;
- Involvement in Due Diligence processes to assess possible acquisitions;
- Ad hoc analysis and involvement in key projects, such as:
- The selection and implementation of a new consolidation tool
- Projects focusing on operational excellence
- Supporting the implementation of the new ERP system;
- Responsible for defining, implementing and ensuring compliance of group accounting policies;
- Responsible for the accounting of the holdings companies;
- Owner of the Group accounting policy, including producing and maintaining an accounting manual and ensuring the relevant people understand and comply with it;
- Owner of the Audit process (including creating the annual report) and manages the external auditors, banks and authorities;
- Manages accounting disputes (e.g. revenue & Balance Sheet).
Ideal Group Business Controller Candidate
- Completed Master’s degree in Accounting or (Business) Economics, ideally with a post graduate degree (RA, ACCA, CPA, RC);
- Appr. 6 -10 years’ experience in a finance role at an international production company, preferably added with an Audit background;
- Strong technical accounting knowledge, DUTCH GAAP and preferably (group) consolidation/reporting experience;
- Hands-on, solution-driven, analytical mindset, eagle-eyed, disciplined, independent, pragmatic, and accurate;
- Able to stimulate a team to deliver accurate, timely and high quality output;
- Able to influence and lead change with a positive, energetic and inclusive style;
- Strong technical accounting skills and you are able to see the bigger picture;
- Strong communication skills in English and preferably Dutch;
- Balanced and structured personality with a high degree of integrity;
- A strong communicative team player;
- A flexible attitude to work;
- Willingness to travel (approximately 15% travel);
- Excellent Excel skills;
- Able to quickly adapt to new financial software.