Our client is a Private Equity owned Multinational Production company with their International HQ based out of the Roermond Area. The company is part of a bigger Group (HQ based out of US). The group has a revenue exceeding the $1mld. Their International operations are based out of the UK, NL, China and United Arab Emirates. The culture of the company could be described as driven, down to earth, ambitious, positive and result oriented.
Group Business Controller profile
Do you have an analytical mindset and are you always looking for ways to improve performance? Then you might be the group business controller that we are looking for.
The Group Business Controller will be part of the central finance team. As such, he or she will contribute to the improvement of the performance of the operating entities. You will be the business partner of the senior and local management and play a pivotal role in the creation of insight in the performance. In this role, you will have the unique opportunity to work closely with the CFO and set up the Group Business Control department together with him. You’ll be looking into both the production- and the commercial side of the business. Your stakeholders will be at all levels of the company and you will have the possibility to add value to the business through finance.
- Be the wingman/woman for CFO; The business partner in regards to all finance related matters;
- Translates data/business information to concise (and easy to understand) presentations for top-level, including the US headquarters;
- Provides financial insights to improve business drivers;
- Sparring partner for CFO International and MT;
- Focused on pricing management and target costing;
- Automate financial reporting in conjunction with US headquarters and consolidation;
- Finance representative for high exposure / high impact projects;
- Responsible for Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A). Understands business value drivers, determines actions to improve and monitors progress;
- Improves business cadence (strategy plan, budget, forecast, actuals, scorecard);
- Also involved in matters like Pensions, Tax (Transfer Pricing), Legal;
- (potentially) the opportunity to manage the two business controllers.
Ideal Group Business Controller candidate
- 7+ years of experience as a Business Controller;
- University degree in Finance/Economics;
- Experience in an industrial manufacturing organisation, experience in Private Equity is considered to be a “plus”;
- Proven track record of working proactively and effectively with corporate and business unit leadership;
- “Go-to business partner” for individuals outside the finance organization, providing actionable information and strategic business advice, expanding her/his effectiveness;
- Project management experience, ERP project implementation nice to have;
- Hands on, agile, drive results, result orientation, analytical;
- Ability to challenge, innovate, improve, implement and monitor;
- Assess and organize, sensitive, but also the ability to be a pain in the ass if need be;
- Leadership and coaching experience;
- Influencer without hierarchical structure;
- Fluent in English and Dutch.