FinCo Fuel is a sustainable fuel supplier with the ambition to grow into a platform for energy solutions. With their extended knowledge and years of experience, FinCo Fuel helps many customers with their CO2 reduction. FinCo Fuel is on a mission to contribute to a better, sustainable world: by 2035 FinCo Fuel will be 100 % green in the way they think, act and invest. This is their firm belief for the future.
Very important in this phase of further growth and transformation is the development of the Group Finance Department. Therefor we are looking for the new Group Business Controller, who is able to grow into an key financial business partner
Working at FinCo Fuel means working in an enthusiastic team where collaboration is key. Within FinCo Fuel, working hard goes hand in hand with team spirit and a high fun factor. With more than 190 employees, FinCo Fuel forms a passionate club of professionals. You will work from their energy-efficient and state of the art office in Rotterdam, which is easily accessible by public transport and your own transport. Flexible hours and working partly from home (hybrid) is possible!
The job profile
In this position you will have a broad scope of responsibilities. Since it is a complex fuel trade environment, you will have to understand how activities and choices effect other parts of the business and act as an important finance business partner from the group to the business. You will be responsible for the management reporting cycle including monthly reporting, budgeting and forecasting. Furthermore you will work independently executing various financial projects in line with the finance strategy. In this role you will report to the Group CFO (Hans Wouda)
As the new Business Controller, you will pro-actively look for business opportunities and develop a professional Business Control/FP&A position. You are capable to further professionalize the finance function and assist the Group CFO in making important business decisions, whether it be commercial or operational.
“To quickly scale up our impact on the energy transition, FinCo Fuel strives to increase the share of low-carbon fuels in our energy mix. By 2035 FinCo Fuel will be 100 % green. We do not just want more volume, but also aim at a higher quality of products and processes”.
The ideal candidate
- Master degree in Finance, (Business) Economics or Accountancy, post-Master qualification (RA/RC) is a plus;
- Excellent communicating skills in English and fluent in Dutch;
- At least 6 years’ experience in a relevant finance (audit) or business control role, experience in Corporate Finance and/or M&A is a plus;
- Knowledge of Dutch GAAP reporting standards;
- Strong reporting, analytical and problem-solving skills;
- You feel very comfortable with tools like Excel & Powerpoint. Power BI experience is a nice to have;
- Knowledge of and/or experience in the Oil, Gas & Renewables sector is a strong plus.
- Positive attitude 'can do', collaborative approach and proactive in seeking solutions;
- Desire to learn fast and challenge yourself. Love the idea of working in a fast-paced environment.
Heb je interesse?
Wil je meer weten over de functie of het uitgebreide functieprofiel ontvangen neem dan contact op met Jurriaan.