Our client is an international port-infrastructure company. The organisation has over 20 port terminal operations in Europe and Asia. They have a €600 million turnover with a headcount of more than 2,300 employees worldwide. With the organisations drive for further professionalization we’re currently looking for a Group Consolidation & Reporting Manager to further strengthen the finance Team. The position is located in the Headquarters in the Amsterdam area.
Group Consolidation & Reporting Manager Profile
In this position you will report directly to the Group Controller and will be working with numerous stakeholders, e.g. the country finance managers / directors and the headquarter finance team.
You are part of a small team at the headquarters:
- Financial Controller: responsible for GRA, processes, accounting standards, FSA, supporting the corporate functions and specifically IT;
- Holding Accountant: responsible for all accounting of the holding companies;
- Master Data Management: responsible for master data management in the group;
- Business Controller: responsible for periodic reporting and planning processes, supporting the COO at group level;
- Commercial Finance Manager: responsible for periodic reporting and planning processes within Commercial, supporting the CCO at group level;
- Tax manager: responsible for all tax-related topics within the group;
- Corporate finance manager: responsible for all corporate finance related topics within the group.
This role involves extensive daily interaction with senior management in the countries, functional teams and finance colleagues. Therefore it is essential that you have strong leadership and communication skills in English and preferably Dutch. In combination with a strong eagerness to develop best practices and optimize the finance structure and efficiency. Therefore you will initiate and participate in projects improving and professionalizing the analyses, internal and external reporting and consolidation function throughout the company with a wide span of control. You are able to translate the insights gained from the financial reporting and balance sheets. Due to the growth and transition of the organization, the tasks and duties of this role may evolve over time. You will be keen to develop and grow within the role and to take on additional challenges and responsibilities as they occur.
The position of Group Consolidation and Reporting Manager is hands-on as well as a change-driven. The role requires that you have a ‘can do’ attitude. The ideal candidate is someone with strong finance and accounting knowledge, who is able to see the big picture and work at a strategic level, yet know the details and is willing to roll up his / her sleeves to get the job done. You will be expected to consolidate and understand the numbers as well as motivate the entire finance team to achieve deadlines and high quality output, but also change working procedures and realize improvement.
Tasks and responsibilities
The Group Consolidation and Reporting Manager:
- Plays a key role in the closing of every month for Actual, Budget, Forecast (4 scenario’s), and Business Plan
- Is responsible for timely reporting, both internal and external purposes
- Is responsible for all metadata changes in the Group Chart of Accounts, both in Oracle EBS and Oracle HFM; in close cooperation with external service provider
- Is for a large part involved / joint responsible for the IFRS group financial statements, including liaising with external auditors
- Works very close with all other finance colleagues at headquarter
- Acts as 1st point of contact for all countries concerning data in HFM (consolidation tool) for all scenario’s
- Is responsible for all HFM related work instructions, including training (either on site or via WebEX), if applicable.
Projects & improvement initiatives:
- Involved in restructuring the group, in close cooperation with Tax and Treasury, including accounting of these transactions
- Responsible for maintaining group chart of accounts and keeping the accounting manual up to date
- Primary contact with external consultant for maintaining metadata in Oracle EBS and HFM
- Provide HFM training to new employees
- Responsible for group consolidation process, including intercompany matching, validations, completeness of data, instructions, timeliness
- Responsible for reporting of disclosures, including instructions for the group.
Project priorities for 2018 - 2019
Cash Flow Automation in HFM; Accounting Manual Project; intercompany Matching process and acceleration of the Group Closing Process.
- Lead the group consolidation and closing cycle: monthly reporting, quarterly forecast and annual budget process, business plan, including:
- Consolidated periodic reporting towards Management and Shareholders, e.g.:
Own the timely & accurate consolidation of the annual accounts & monthly closings;
Responsible for the Group accounting policy, including producing and maintaining an accounting manual and ensuring the relevant people understand and comply with it;
Co-responsible for the audit process and be managing the external auditors, banks and authorities;
You will be involved in the integration of possible acquisitions;
Addressing accounting disputes (e.g. revenue & Balance Sheet);
Review the financials
- Maintain HFM (Key User) for every closing cycle: ownership, currency rates, webforms, restructurings, metadata, continuous development (cashflow automation, validations, analytical accounts / KPI’s).
- External and internal reporting:
- Consolidated IFRS financial group accounts
- Monthly/quarterly reporting to and contact with shareholders
- Liaise with external auditors
- Being able to lead and execute projects
- Responsible for continuous maintenance and improvement of HFM reports.
Ideal Group Consolidation & Reporting Manager
- Master degree in accounting or business economics, ideally with a post graduate degree (RA, ACCA, CPA)
- Approximately 8+ years’ of relevant work experience, for instance: experience at a Big 4 company supplemented with experience in a corporate or Headquarters environment
- Solid understanding of consolidation and ERP tools
- Experience in setting up consolidation systems and related reporting
- Strong knowledge of IFRS
- A strong business sense and the ability to operate within a dynamic, rapidly-changing environment.
- Able to act as a sparring partner at headquarter and with senior management in the countries
- Excellent problem-solving skills and analytical abilities.
- Good communications and interpersonal skills.
- Fluent in English.
You feel at home in an informal yet high standard working culture. A dynamic organisation that challenges you to contribute to the organisations growth and success. Not on your own, but together with driven colleagues, working towards the project’s result. You wish to keep developing and you are open to change. You like to switch quickly and you always think one step ahead. You are inspired by successful projects and international growth.