Our client is a private equity tank storage company with an asset of 400 mln. The organisation is a partnership between a infrastructure investor and an energy expert. Mid-2016 the organisation was incorporated with one single assets and has grown into a portfolio of 10 assets today.
They place great value on the development of their teams, as people make the difference to the deliver highest levels of customer service. They operate responsibly, going beyond basic compliance with statutory regulations. Their aim is: creating a safe, healthy and fulfilling place to work.
For this organisation we’re currently looking for a Group Consolidation Manager!
Group Consolidation Manager Profile
The Group Consolidation Manager will report to the Chief Financial Officer. In this position you will be instrumental in improving the quality of the Group’s consolidated financial reporting. This position works closely with the local finance team members to ensure timely, accurate and complete reporting of financial information. The Group Consolidation and Reporting Manager should have the professionalism and experience to act as a trusted senior manager at a time of change and further expansion in the organisation.
This is a period of expansion and growth within the group and the Group Consolidation and Reporting Manager will need to be a motivated self-starter who can operate at senior management level within this entrepreneurial organisation to make sure the finance function is delivering value at all times.
- The main duties are below but there will also be a significant amount of ad hoc work;
- Taking ownership of the production of high quality financial accounts and reports for the Group and subsidiary companies;
- Ensuring the company complies with all IFRS requirements regarding financial reporting;
- Taking ownership of the Group’s consolidation process for both monthly internal management and statutory purposes;
- Coordinate and communicate with the local team members to ensure timely, accurate and complete reporting of financial information;
- Administer, develop and improve the accuracy of FCCS (cloud version of Oracle’s HFM) alongside training users on best practise use of the system;
- Responsible for upload and consolidation of P&L budgets and cashflow forecasts;
- Developing and implementing best practice processes and systems across the Group;
- Prepare Group Consolidated Financial Statements;
- Technical accounting support to operating businesses;
- Key point of contact for Group auditors, taking responsibility for the smooth running and timely completion of the audit process;
- Prepare compliance certificates for banks;
- Supervision of 2 FTE’s.
Ideal Group Consolidation Manager Candidate
- Academic degree in business economics, ideally with a post graduate degree (RA, ACCA, CPA) or nearly;
- 7-10 years’ experience in a finance role in an international company and/or in a big 4 accountancy firm;
- Strong technical accounting knowledge and Dutch GAAP/IFRS experience;
- Advanced experience in Excel;
- Hands on approach is essential to get things done, result focused;
- Accurate, able to work to strict deadlines, and comfortable working in a quick turnaround environment;
- Ability to be either a pragmatic deliverer of results and/or a motivating coach as and when circumstances dictate, in an efficient and effective manner;
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) in Dutch and English. French will be a big plus;
- Strong knowledge of ERP, BI and EPM tools such as MS Dynamics AX and Oracle HFM.