Group Consolidation Manager
VIA Outlets is here to redefine the outlet shopping experience! The company was founded in 2014 to acquire existing outlet centres across Europe. Their vision is to create premium shopping destinations, and offer best-in class, beautifully local, shopping experiences for their guests and brand partners. VIA Outlets is very successful and celebrated a record-breaking year in 2022, which even beat pre-pandemic figures.
Guided by their three R’s elevation strategy – remerchandising, remodelling and remarketing – VIA Outlets ensures that their premium fashion outlets are destinations attracting guests from all over the world. VIA Outlets presently consists of 11 assets spread across Europe, offering over 1,100 stores. In The Netherlands, they are well known for Bataviastad in Lelystad. VIA Outlets has been structured to enable them to react quickly to acquisition opportunities that may arise in the market. The group will definitely expand in the coming years with this buy-and-build strategy. It is now time for the next phase in the company’s journey: The new corporate Head Office in The Netherlands (Schiphol) will further grow and professionalize in order to facilitate the growth of existing centres and the group.
The job profile
VIA Outlets invests in further professionalization and growth in the coming years. That is why we are looking for the new Group Consolidation Manager. In this role you manage and deliver a streamlined reporting process and you ensure VIA Outlets delivers on their external & internal reporting obligations. Your main responsibility is supporting the group consolidation process, financial reporting including the preparation of the consolidated group accounts and management reporting. Next to this you have a leading role in several group finance projects, think of the implementation of a new consolidation tool, the conversion from local GAAP to IFRS and post acquisition integration processes.
As Group Consolidation Manager, you will be a key member of the team reporting to the Group Finance Director and you will work closely with the Finance Directors of the shopping centers across Europe. Some travel to visit the centers or the corporate office in London may be part of your job! You will be working in a small and informal team and you will have a lot of autonomy to make impact on the growth of VIA Outlets.
"VIA Outlets looks back on dynamic years, mainly due to the corona pandemic. The company bounced back very strong and celebrated a record-breaking year in 2022, which even beat pre-pandemic figures. This proves once again that outlets remain among the most resilient retail sectors, even during difficult global economic conditions. Growing sustainably continues to be a priority for the company, with VIA Outlets promoting ESG standards through their Beyond Sustainable strategy, which is implemented in all facets of the business."
The ideal candiate
- A completed MSc. Education in Business Economics, Economics, or Accountancy, ideally supplemented with a completed post-master RA/CPA/ACCA;
- You have at least 6-8 years of relevant professional work experience the corporate world (Financial Control / Consolidation experience);
- You have strong analytical skills and you are able to present the story behind the numbers;
- You have experience and knowledge of reporting and are able to translate technically complex accounting aspects (IFRS and Dutch GAAP) into pragmatic solutions for VIA Outlets and the outlet centres;
- You have strong financial consolidation experience working with Group structures across multiple jurisdictions, including foreign currency subsidiaries, with a deep understanding of acquisition and consolidation accounting principles and relevant IFRS;
- You are a strong stakeholder manager and think in solutions;
- You are pragmatic and hands-on and willing to take on financial issues in a project-based manner;
- Good communication skills: able to listen to, work with and challenged different kinds of internal and external stakeholders;
- You feel at home in an informal, accessible, and small team;
- The role may involve occasional travel across Europe.
Heb je interesse?
Wil je meer weten over de functie of het uitgebreide functieprofiel ontvangen neem dan contact op met Sjoerd.