Our client is a private equity owned, leading global manufacturer of branded apparel for the B2B market. The company has a Global distribution network and operates multiple production facilities. Management and Shareholders aim to continuously grow (international). Mutual goal is to further grow the organization both organic and via acquisitions. With this continuing growth and success, they are looking for a strong Group Controller to strengthen the Finance Team.
Group Controller Profile
In this position you will report directly to the CFO and will be (functionally) managing Finance for the different regions. The ideal candidate is someone with strong finance and accounting acumen, is able to see the big picture and work at a strategic level, yet knows the details and is willing to roll up his / her sleeves to get the job done. This is very much a hands-on role and you will be expected to produce and understand the numbers as well as motivate the entire finance team to achieve deadlines and high quality output.
This role involves extensive daily interaction with senior management, functional teams and finance colleagues. Therefore it is essential that you have strong leadership and communication skills in English and preferably Dutch. In combination with a strong eagerness to develop best practices and optimize the financial control and compliance function. You will be initiating, and participating in several efficiency projects.
Due to the continuous growth of the organization, the tasks and duties of this role may evolve over time. You will be keen to develop and grow within the role and to take on additional challenges and responsibilities as they occur.
Main tasks and responsibilities;
- Responsible for defining, implementing and ensuring compliance of group accounting policies;
- Responsible for the financial consolidation and reporting of the group on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis, including:
Consolidated periodic reporting towards Management and Shareholder;
Owns the timely & accurate production of (audited) consolidated annual accounts;
Responsible for the timely filing of statutory and corporate tax returns across all entities in the Group and any subsequent follow ups with the authorities;
- Responsible for the accounting of the holdings companies;
- Owner of the Group accounting policy, including producing and maintaining an accounting manual and ensuring the relevant people understand and comply with it;
- Owner of the Audit process and manages the external auditors, banks and authorities;
- Involvement in several Due Diligence processes to asses possible acquisitions;
- Manages accounting disputes (e.g. revenue & Balance Sheet);
- Develop management information and KPIs that can be regularly reviewed by senior management to monitor performance;
- Lead and deliver the annual budget and mid-term plan (in conjunction with the management team);
- Act as a Finance business partner;
- Reviewing financial results (BS review for example);
- Ad hoc analysis and involvement in key projects.
Ideal Group Controller Candidate
- Completed Master’s degree in Accounting or (Business) Economics, ideally with a post graduate degree (RA, ACCA, CPA);
- Appr. 6 -10 years’ experience in a finance role in a BIG4 accounting firm or an international company;
- Experience in a company with production facilities;
- Strong technical accounting knowledge, GAAP/IFRS and preferably (group) consolidation/reporting experience;
- Hands-on, solution-driven, analytical mindset, eagle-eyed, disciplined, independent, pragmatic, and accurate;
- Able to manage and stimulate a team to deliver accurate, timely and high quality output;
- Able to influence and lead change with a positive, energetic and inclusive style;
- Strong technical accounting skills and you are able to see the bigger picture;
- Strong communication skills in English and preferably Dutch;
- Balanced and structured personality with a high degree of integrity;
- A strong communicative team player;
- A flexible attitude to work;
- Able to quickly adapt to new financial software.