We are looking for an entrepreneurial and energetic Group Controller for a global technology company with their HQ based out of the Utrecht region. The company has a global presence and is listed at the Amsterdam Stock Exchange. The headquarter in Utrecht (WTC, Central Station) currently exists of 25 professionals.
Group Controller position
As a Group Controller, you’ll work in an international, enterprising, successful organization.
In this role you’ll report to the Finance Director.
You will be the financial point of contact for a number of business teams and you will work closely with local senior management. You are responsible for the entire Planning & Control cycle of the business teams with a focus on analyzing the management information and assessing the results and effectiveness of the strategic policy. As a point of contact for the business team management you are an advisor to realize results and objectives, but on the other hand you are independent and critical to safeguard the interests of the entire group.
The business team management is responsible for the business within a specific customer / technology segment and manages the companies in the business team. This role will specifically support one of the business units. You will monitor main KPI’s, understand and comment main developments and do trend analyses and benchmarking.
Within group control you will be involved with various business improvements projects and you ensure correct processing in the financial reporting.
- Contact point for the financial planning and control cycle of the business teams under your responsibility. Initiate and improve the overall quality of the reported data;
- Review financial reporting from a financial- and business perspective;
- Proactive participation in group consolidation and reporting, including optimizing the reporting process and planning and control under IFRS;
- Develop and maintain the reports and analyses in which the overall performance management is made transparent and the issuing of advice to improve the performance; You deliver reliable management information and have an advisory role towards different stakeholders;
- Ongoing support of the growth strategy together with the different departments (governance, internal audit, treasury and holdings);
- Specialist from the team with regard to specific performance indicators;
- Support and advise on internal and external audits to be performed;
- Participation in various improvement projects from the head office.
Ideal Group Controller candidate
The position demands a self-starting personality that fits into an environment that is characterized by entrepreneurship. It will offer you an ideal mix that is suitable for talent that is able to develop quickly for leading positions within the organization. You will work independently to fulfil this position. Strong communicative and interpersonal skills are necessary to be successful.
The ideal candidate has a completed university education, preferably supplemented with an RA program, 8 to 10 years' work experience within an international or complex environment and the right drive and ambition to make the difference;
- Perfect click with the company’s values: be an entrepreneur, take ownership, go for excellence, share & learn and act with integrity!
- Strong communication skills, result-oriented and solution-oriented and able to bring about changes;
- Enthusiastic, proactive and initiative-rich;
- Analytical ability, conceptual thinking ability and a strong feeling for relationships between head office and operating company;
- Some international travel will be included. You’ll visit the main locations at least once a year;
- Fluent Dutch and English.