We are looking for an entrepreneurial and energetic Group Financial Controller for a global technology company with their HQ based out of the Utrecht region. The company has a global presence and is listed at the Amsterdam Stock Exchange. The headquarter in Utrecht (WTC, Central Station) currently exists of 25 professionals.
Group Financial Controller Profile
As Group Financial Controller, you’ll work in a best in class team at the headquarter and have an import financial review position within the group. The Group Financial Controller reports directly to the Finance Director and is an important sparring partner for the Finance team at the head office.
Your primary responsibility will lie in the control of the holding companies (both nationally and internationally). This will include the reporting and control, the intercompany transactions and treasury control. Furthermore, you will be responsible for the annual report and some key projects related to accounting (i.e. IFRS and the accounting manual).
You will receive a lot of responsibility, you will be the internal point of contact for improvements within Finance and from this point of view you will take an advisory role to local and senior management. Within the Finance team you provide the monthly, quarterly and annual reports, prepare your business analyses and proactively contribute to the development of various reports. Besides that you are an IFRS specialist.
- Controller of the Dutch holding companies. Responsible for the preparation and analysis of monthly and annual reports, as well as checking the completeness and correctness of the submitted reports;
- Contact point for the financial planning and control cycle of the international holding companies. Monthly analysis of the reported figures and annual coordination of the audit and forecast;
- Close working relationship with the holding administrator, tax, treasury, audit and the group business controllers;
- Proactive participation in group consolidation and reporting, including optimizing the reporting process and planning and control under IFRS;
- Develop and maintain the reports and analyses in which the overall performance management is made transparent;
- Specialist in the field of group accounting topics (IFRS). Management of the group accounting manual, implementation of IFRS guidelines and IFRS support of the various operating companies;
- Co-ordination of the financial statements process. Drafting the draft annual accounts, planning the information to be delivered and the internal and external reconciliation of annual accounts;
- Participation in various improvement projects from the head office.
IDEAL Group Financial Controller candidate
The ideal candidate has a completed university education (accounting), preferably with an audit background and at least 8 years of work experience within an international or complex environment. You also have the right drive and ambition to develop yourself broadly.
- A completed university education (accounting), ideally with a post graduate education (RA);
- Minimum 8 years work experience in a complex international Finance environment and/or audit big 4;
- Perfect click with the following values: be an entrepreneur, take ownership, go for excellence, share & learn and act with integrity;
- Pro-active, self-starting attitude;
- Strong analytical, communicative and social skills;
- Driven, ambitious and result-oriented;
- Fluent Dutch and English.