This is a great opportunity to join this fast-growing, privately funded start-up in the healthcare sector. You get the opportunity to work in a high-paced entrepreneurial organization with a pleasant, open working atmosphere. In their inspiring brand new office in Amsterdam you’ll be part of an enthusiastic, highly motivated and international team. As Head of Finance, you will have a pivotal role in the further professionalization of the organization to facilitate the growth in The Netherlands and abroad.
Quality improvement and efficiency are challenges of great importance in the worldwide healthcare sector. This platform organization will become an addition to the current healthcare system to create objectivity and transparency around medical interventions (GP visits, treatments, surgery). The company developed an Artificial Intelligence digital platform to go live in the coming months. This platform will be able to improve health awareness, reduce GP’s visits, improve accuracy in diagnosis and will help to reduce healthcare costs.
The platform is ready for launch in Q1 2020 and the company is very ambitious to expand internationally. The objective for the coming year is to work on a proof of concept within The Netherlands, after which they will start expanding abroad (e.g. Germany, India, USA, China). Part of the strategy is a “buy and build” to acquire successful doctors’ practices to add to the platform/network.
Head of Finance profile
To facilitate the growth of the company, we are looking for a Head of Finance with a solid technical finance background and strong business acumen. This is a greenfield position to lead the further professionalization of the internal finance organisation. You are end responsible for accounting, control, tax and compliance and you are able to build up a strong team. The Head of Finance will focus on the financial streams of the organization to ensure accurate and consistent reporting, manage financial processes and support in M&A activities.
- Proactively managing, coordinating, developing and optimising all financial tasks and processes with a strong emphasis on scalable, automated processes;
- Ensure the accuracy, digitalization, and appropriate structure of all financial accounting processes (GL, AP/AR management);
- Take responsibility for the preparation, control and audit of all financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets, tax returns and reports;
- Develop and monitor appropriate and effective KPIs to support and drive performance management throughout the organization;
- Manage and implement processes for financial forecasting, budgets, reporting and consolidation;
- Provide business insights which enables decision-making to enhance business performance;
- Precisely executing the monthly and quarterly closing to ensure the reliability of the management information;
- Centralize the financial process for all GP practices, including the reimbursement of medical activities;
- Post-merger integration of new acquisitions.
Ideal Head of Finance candidate
Besides strong analytical and technical finance skills, the ideal Head of Finance is change driven and brings a well-balanced personality with drive, energy and sense of humor. You like to work on a strategic level, but you are also hands-on and pragmatic.
Furthermore you recognize yourself in the next criteria:
- At least an advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in business administration, finance, accounting or related field;
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant finance experience;
- Strong knowledge of the English and Dutch language is required;
- Thrive in a high-paced, hands-on, entrepreneurial and international environment;
- Good planning and organizational skills, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines;
- Good inter-personal skills and good team player;
- Critical but pragmatic attitude;
- Affinity with digital health.