Head of Accounting
OrganizationViCentra is an innovative medical device scale-up. The organization focuses on the research and development, manufacturing and commercialisation of a ground-breaking smart device (named Kaleido) for the management of diabetes. Kaleido is the smallest and lightest insulin pump system currently available and is designed to help people with diabetes live life on their own terms. Driven by the desire to be meaningfully different, Kaleido aims to reduce the impact that diabetes can have on daily life. ViCentra is funded by the venture capitalists LSP, INKEF, Invest-NL, Partners in Equity, and Health Innovations. The company currently employs over 130 people from over 29 different nationalities. All the team members are different, but they share a commitment to their groundbreaking work and they are proud of what they do. The team always set themselves the highest standards and enjoys questioning and pushing the boundaries within their industry.
The ideal candidate
The Head of Accounting needs to be a self-starter, will have outstanding communication skills, ability to handle multiple priorities, possess deep attention to detail and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced and highly analytical environment.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Master's degree in economics/business/finance and a post-master's degree (RA/CPA/ACCA
- or equivalent);
- Relevant experience in accounting and financial reporting including Dutch Gaap/IFRS;
- Experience in a scale up, multinational environment and/or tech business;
- Experience and effectiveness in working, reporting and communicating in an international
- and multicultural environment, operating in multiple countries and time zones;
- Strong exposure to ERP systems, for example leading implementation of financial modules
- and ERP internal controls;
- Exposure to payroll in different countries;
- A proven track record in motivating, leading and managing a team;
- Fluency in English and Dutch
For us, super accurate insulin delivery and improved control are non-negotiables, but discretion, simplicity and choice is our way of helping you live life in your own way
The job profile
The key purpose of the role is to establish a state-of-the-art finance operations in a rapidly scaling organisation with global ambitions. To build a robust and proactive accounting organisation that can play an important role in steering the operational business processes and help to achieve the ambitious growth agenda. The new Head of Accounting will have the ability to set up a professional financial control structure. With his/her professionalism and experience he or she should act as a trusted senior at a time of establishing the growth ambition and further expansion of the organisation. Your principal responsibility is to lead and contribute to all aspects of financial reporting, build upon and improve internal financial processes, systems and controls to ensure accurate and appropriate reporting at all times in order to maintain a sound financial basis.
Heb je interesse?
Wil je meer weten over de functie of het uitgebreide functieprofiel ontvangen neem dan contact op met Maureen.