We are currently looking for an Investment Controller to join a growing and fun investment company based out of Amsterdam. This position is an excellent opportunity for an experienced finance professional to take a next step in his/her career by entering into private equity.
As Investment Controller you will be part of a small team of highly experienced professionals. The intention is to insource the whole finance function to the company. In this role you will have broad responsibilities and direct interaction with the investment portfolio companies. This role will report directly to the two Managing Directors.
MAIN TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Executing entire reporting cycle and act as a first point of contact for the controllers of the portfolio companies;
- Managing the administration and control of the fund(s) and the management companies; including annual reports, audits, etc.;
- Setting up and continuously improve the structure and administration of the fund;
- Working closely on various financial matters covering consolidation, financial statements, tax, fund level accounting besides ad hoc reporting requests and investor queries;
- Supporting the M&A/DD activities of the fund;
- Supporting improvements and maintenance of a portfolio management system;
- Implementation of the new consolidation tool (Cognos) and Document Management System (M-Files);
- Preparing performance calculations/ad hoc analysis and setting-up KPI dashboards internally and for portfolio companies (such as working capital, cash flow, margins, etc.);
- Preparing quarterly valuation of the portfolio;
- Review and monitor performance of key service contracts;
- Supporting with investor communications, including preparing Advisory Board and AGM meeting.
Profiel geschikte kandidaat
- You have a degree in finance & accounting with a minimum of 5 to 8 years of relevant working experience;
- RC/RA or equivalent is highly desired for the role;
- You like to combine both financial accounting and business control activities;
- You have affinity with private equity and deal structuring (e.g. involvement in company (tax) audit, company valuations, financial DD);
- You have advanced model building skills (e.g. investment model) and database management (e.g. optimize/automate reporting processes);
- You have well developed process structuring and analytical skills and you are able to convey information in a concise and clear manner;
- You are self-motivated, accurate with eye for details, result-oriented and reliable to safeguard the reputation of the firm;
- You are fluent in English and Dutch, German or French is considered to be a plus.
- Independent finance professional with a good sense for cultural differences;
- Prepared to travel internationally if need be;
- Social, communicative, persuasive and good sense of humour;
- Enthusiastic, energetic, proactive and full of initiatives;
- Hands on and deadline oriented;
- Can do mentality;
- Shows determination to achieve excellent results;
- Focuses on the market;
- Finds better ways;
- Demands top performance;
- Inspires commitment;
- Develops self and others.
€ 100.000 + benefits