Our client is a very fast paced fintech organisation. They develop software for financial institutions to create, manage and optimize secure omni-channel customer interactions. With around 600 people globally (offices in Amsterdam, USA, London and Singapore) the organisation supports major financial institutions. The company grows approximately 50% per year and is a global leader in its segment. Their culture can be typified as very entrepreneurial, young, thinking out of the box and on top of the game! It is a good combination between a start up atmosphere and wanting to be the best.
Manager Finance & Control description
The manager Finance & Control exercises leadership in Finance and Control in guiding the organization in realizing its growth ambition. In this role you are responsible for providing sound business support and analysis across the organization. You need to drive professionalism and continuous improvement in the organization while keeping our entrepreneurial culture in mind. You need to enjoy working in an international, dynamic and sometimes hectic environment to be successful in this role. The ideal candidate is someone with strong business acumen, is able to see the big picture and yet know the details and is willing to roll up his/her sleeves to get the job done. You will report directly to the CFO.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
• Lead the AR, AP, banking, payroll and General Ledger accounting department for NL, UK and USA (10 FTE)
• Lead business controlling (2 FTE)
• Monthly/quarterly/yearly closings, reporting packages and audits
• Ad hoc business and financial analysis for management
• Finance transformation: drive the change towards rhythms & routines fit to our ambition (e.g. fast closing, business partnering, rolling forecast).
Ideal candidate profile for Manager Finance & Control
• Bachelor+ or Master degree in Finance or Accounting
• 10+ years’ experience of which 5+ years in a similar role
• Proven experience in driving finance transformation
• Successful track record in revenue recognition, cost control, project control
• Highly skilled in BI, good working knowledge of common ERP systems
• Highly energetic and driven personality
• Hands-on and data driven
• Smart and articulate
• Dynamic, team player with a sense of humor