Manager Finance & Control
Since 1996 AgroFair produces and imports Fairtrade and bio-organic bananas and tropical fruit. At that time the founder of AgroFair wanted to extend the Fairtrade principle from coffee to bananas. Unfortunately, the established banana companies were not interested, therefore they decided to handle the import itself. From humble beginnings, there is now a socially responsible import company with an impressive turnover. The company is now serving producers in many countries, such as Peru, Ecuador, Dominican Republic, Costa Rica, Panama and Nicaragua, while they serve customers all over Europe, but also in Australasia, particularly New Zealand and Korea.
AgroFair is widely recognized for its Fairtrade and bio-organic bananas. Additionally, a small portion of its revenue comes from producing fruit puree, mainly banana and mango pulp. The company takes great pride in its Oké brands, which symbolize a strong commitment to the planet, its people and fair trade prices.
While AgroFair has an idealistic nature, a familial atmosphere and works in partnership with suppliers, it is also a profit-driven company, with a businesslike environment and a pragmatic approach. In a highly competitive market, sharp decision-making and effective management information are crucial.
The job profile
As the Manager Finance & Control, you are end-responsible for the Administration & Finance department (controlling and batch administration teams), company IT, and facilities. Your role involves providing financial support and strategic advice to the organization, acting as a key business partner to the CEO. The ideal candidate not only possesses strong analytical and technical finance skills but is also change-driven with excellent communication abilities.
You act as key enabler to contribute to AgroFair's vision by providing transparency in expected and past performance through recurring and ad hoc financial planning, analysis, and reporting. You will deliver financial insights, governance, and detailed management reporting to various departments. Given AgroFair's international trade in bananas and other fruits, expertise in risk mitigation, accurate cost price calculation, and proficiency in profit and margin analyses are essential. Additionally, the role entails a focus on hedging currency risk, preventing fraud and managing compliance issues. This multifaceted position is tailored for a an all-round finance professional!
“We were created for the sake of introducing Fairtrade bananas and the concept is still at the heart of our company. We are AgroFair. And we are bananas about our planet. About its people. And about bananas. These are our three main concerns. And in all three fields, we are going for the best”.
The ideal candidate
- Completed Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Economics/Business Administration, or a related field;
- Possesses a high level of proficiency in accounting, reporting, and business acumen;
- Approximately 10 years of experience in a senior finance role in an international environment, with preference given to those with experience in a trade environment;
- Strong leadership qualities;
- Ability to work with individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds;
- Advanced analytical and quantitative capabilities with strong problem-solving skills;
- Exceptional communication skills, capable of communicating complex financial information in an easy to understand format;
- Collaborative and able to work seamlessly with other departments;
- Fluent in English and preferably Dutch. Other languages, like Spanish or German are a plus.
Heb je interesse?
Wil je meer weten over de functie of het uitgebreide functieprofiel ontvangen neem dan contact op met Cynthia.