For our client, a FTSE 100 multinational industrial organisation located in the Schiphol area we are currently looking for a Planning & Reporting Director. Today the organisation operates globally and employs more than 20,000 people.
The role owns all aspects of financial planning and reporting across the entire Supply Engine division of the company and is the finance business partner to the group wide R&D function.
The Supply Engine currently comprises multiple integrated divisions operating across a number of sites within Europe. Each division/Business Line has its own Finance Directors and these are also your main stakeholders. With recent and planned acquisitions the company and the Supply Engine is experiencing significant growth in scale and scope.
The role will own all aspects of planning and reporting for the Supply Engine including Annual Budget process, Monthly forecasting process, Monthly period close and reporting process.
Furthermore, in this role you will act as the finance business partner for the Newly created R&D department. As the business partner of the R&D function the role will provide full financial (business) support to senior stakeholders.
Main responsibilities include;
Month end close:
- Monthly reporting of Supply Engine actual financial results and KPIs
- Running a number of monthly reporting requirements within the Supply Engine, including\
Trading Decks for senior management
Standardised reporting into the three divisions
Acquisition synergy and integration reporting
Exceptional items analysis
Commentaries to Group Finance
Other Adhoc reporting as required (e.g. around half year and year end)
- Reviewing and following up on intercompany differences with local teams.
- Monthly Forecast cycle:
- Monthly reporting of Supply Engine Forecast financial projections and KPIs
- Collating and distributing central assumptions to local teams
- Modelling and scenario planning
Corporate plan/ Budget:
- Annual reporting of Supply Engine Corporate Plan/Budget financials and KPIs within the Group reporting system
- Owning the budget process and timetable for the supply engine as well as making continuous improvements in the process.
- First point of contact for local finance teams in respect of HFM system queries (e.g. setting up new users, assisting with data entry/ access queries etc.) and liaising with Group where appropriate.
- Understand implications of monthly HFM system updates from Group and communicate these to the Divisional/ Local finance teams where appropriate
- Provide training and guidance on HFM best practice to local finance teams where required and as appropriate (e.g. new acquisitions, additional reporting requirements etc.). Become the Divisional Centre of Excellence for HFM.
- Full training will be provided
- Running ad hoc projects and analysis across the Supply Engine
- Responsible for deploying their planning and reporting processes into any new acquisitions.
R&D Business partner:
- Provide all the financial support to the R&D function
- Member of the R&S leadership team
- Support the business to make the most tax efficient decisions on set up of the function
- Support in the accounting treatment of various projects including creation of intangible assets etc
- Set up the reporting and governance structure including clear ROI models and thresholds
- Overhead reporting and budget management
- Manage a team of two analysts
Profiel geschikte kandidaat
- University Degree with a strong academic record
- Qualified accountant with at least 7 year post qualified experience
- Previous experience in senior finance roles
- Knowledge of consolidation systems
- Experience of managing people and leading teams
- Experience of Planning, Reporting and Consolidation role
- Experience in large ‘Blue Chip’, Matrix and Multi-naitional organisation
- Experience of building strong relationships