Imagining yourself as the right hand of the CFO in a fast growing, international high-tech IT-organization does not scare you. In fact, this is the challenging next step you are willing to take to enhance your career.
We are looking for a business minded Finance professional who will join a winning team and has a real impact on the shape and success of one of the fastest growing businesses in its market.
Our client is a prominent and future oriented company in Internet Connectivity Services and Cloud Acceleration Solutions. To anticipate the rapid international growth (+15% annually), we are looking for a Senior Business Controller. The company employs approx. 200 people, of which approx. 80 at the Amsterdam HQ and generates approximately Euro 100 mio+. An investment company is majority shareholder of this firm since 2014. Together, they have the strong ambition to double the current size within the coming five years.
As a Senior Business Controller, you will be part of a very international lean finance team, partly based in Amsterdam, Singapore and US.
Due to the growth of the organisation and need to set up and further professionalize a new FP&A function we are now looking for a Senior Business Controller. In this role you will report directly to the CFO , working from the headquarters in Amsterdam.
The Senior Business Controller will have the opportunity to help define, organize and set up this new and critical function within the finance team.
In this role you are responsible for setting up, monitoring and delivering management reports. Together with the CFO drive the budgeting and forecasting process and manage KPI’s and commercial targets for the global sales organisation. You will provide leadership, guidance and analysis on Budgets, Forecasts and Performance Management and work closely together with the CFO and commercial director.
The ideal candidate is someone with strong finance and commercial acumen, is able to see the big picture and work at a strategic level, yet knows the details and is hands-on to get the job done.
- Manage, design and further implement the planning & control cycle;
- Together with the CFO ensure the business plan is on track and provide commercial insights
- Strong Business Partner to Commercial Director and team
- Maintain and further develop existing reports & dashboards, design new reports and analysis as needed
- Drive annual budgets and quarterly forecast
- Work with teams to monitor & identify opportunities for improvement and participate in review meetings.
- Translate business requirements into process, data and system improvements
- Further optimization and roll-out of implemented tools
- Maintaining a dialogue with business and IT to identify areas for improvements on data, processes, informational requirements and systems
- Project manager in selected improvement projects, monitor and report upon these projects
- Help to prepare the monthly finance report for the shareholders, and the finance slides for the Board meetings;
- Helping further growth of the organization. Being part of possible M&A / Due Diligence processes when they occur. Help in building business cases and investment proposals for possible new acquisitions.
Profiel geschikte kandidaat
- Academic degree in business economics preferably added with post-graduate degree ( RC or RA/ ACCA);
- At least 6-8 years of progressive experience in Business/Commercial Finance positions and/or experience within Transaction Services practices (big4);
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written and excellent command of Dutch and English;
- A business professional, comfortable in dealing with and influencing senior decision makers;
- The ability to be a trusted advisor to senior management on financial issues and also in related commercial, strategic and organizational matters;
- A ‘hands on’ work style, comfortable with the detail, and able to move seamlessly between tactical and strategic issues as required;
- Ability to operate at senior level (internal and external) and build sustainable relations and network;
- Strong ambition to grow and learn personally and professionally;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Confident, enthusiastic and a team player;
- Accurate, “into detail” want to know your numbers;
- An energetic, “can do” approach;
- Highly self-motivated and enthusiastic;
- Change driven, entrepreneurial spirit;
- High degree of integrity and honesty;
- A collaborative approach to building relationships, making decisions etc.;
- A flexible attitude to work.
€ 70.000 - €80.000 excl. benefits