How can you further ameliorate the performance of an entrepreneurial, daring and fast-growing, international leading production company?
This high-paced and innovative production organisation (listed and family owned), we are looking for a Senior Controller Group FP&A for the Group in Amsterdam who is analytical, entrepreneurial and inventive at the same time!
Senior Controller Group FP&A Profile
In this position, the challenge is to bring a further structure, analyses and procedures to the company and add value to the Group finance function. It is a constantly changing and fast growing environment because of internal and external developments. This includes organisational growth, a dynamic market, a complex production process and strategic projects (e.g. writing business cases on a greenfield venture, improving the rolling forecast, the monthly cycle, IT projects).
Because of these challenges, you will be part of a newly shaped Group FP&A team where you report to the Manager reporting & control. Group FP&A is responsible for the global FP&A activities related to Finance, commercial, production & supply chain areas. There is plenty of room for new ideas to make impact on the performance of the business.
Tasks & responsibilities:
- Design & implement annual budget templates to be provided to subsidiaries;
- Prepare consolidated annual budget and 18 months rolling forecast;
- Provide variance analysis and explanation to Corporate leadership team and senior executives;
- Preparing reports on the above information and communicate the insights of these reports to senior management and Executive Board;
- Support FP&A improvement projects (e.g. forecasting, data warehousing & business intelligence);
- Prepare and update 5-year financial plan;
- Supporting the management team to develop long-term commercial plans;
- Preparation and review of routine reporting and ad hoc analysis;
- Support the transformation & development a new KPI driven environment;
- Constantly contribute to further improving processes and building a future-proof finance and reporting structure;
- Supports M&A projects and prepare annual impairment tests for all subsidiaries.
Ideal Senior Controller Group FP&A Candidate
- Master’s degree in Finance, Economics or finance. MBA or Post-master is a pre;
- At least 7+ years of working experience as a finance professional in a controlling or FP&A, transaction services, corporate finance role within a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced environment;
- Abreast of industry updates, commodity price developments and other market trends impacting the business;
- Extensive experience in management reporting, budgeting, variance analysis, P&L, Financial Statements;
- Experience with creating and working with financial models, experience in commodity business is a pre;
- Deadline driven with project management skills for cross-organizational coordination and timely delivery of results and presentations;
- Accurate with data and attention to detail and the ability to identify data patterns;
- Tools used for previous jobs may include HFM, Power BI, Smart view, Excel and other and reporting tools.
- Strong communicator and makes arguments in a compelling manner and comes to the point;
- Immediate credibility. Is able to build and sustain relationships at the most senior levels of the organization, as well as externally, for example with the external accountant;
- Flexible, able to prioritize and has a commercial attitude;
- Work at a high pace, while delivering quality work;
- Must be a self-starter, work independently and drive delivery focus;
- Proven track record in improving the finance function and leading transformation projects.