Senior Business Controller
FinCo is a sustainable fuel supplier with the ambition to grow into a platform for energy solutions. With their extended knowledge and years of experience, FinCo Fuel helps many customers with their CO2 reduction. FinCo is on a mission to contribute to a better, sustainable world: by 2035 FinCo Fuel will be 100 % green in the way they think, act and invest. This is their firm belief for the future.
Very important in this phase of further growth and transformation is the development of the Group Finance Department. Therefore, we are looking for the new Senior Business Controller, who is able to grow into an key financial business partner for the company.
Working at FinCo means working in an enthusiastic team where collaboration is key. Within FinCo, working hard goes hand in hand with team spirit and a high fun factor. With more than 190 employees, FinCo forms a passionate club of professionals. You will work from their energy-efficient and state of the art office in Rotterdam, which is easily accessible by public transport and your own transport. Flexible hours and working partly from home (hybrid) is possible!
The job profile
In this position of Senior Business Controller you will have a broad scope of responsibilities. It will be your role to act as a finance business partner for the group and the business units. You will be responsible for the management reporting cycle of the Group including monthly reporting, budgeting and forecasting. Furthermore you are part of the finance MT and will work independently executing various financial projects in line with the finance strategy. In this role you will report directly into the CFO (Hans Wouda).
The planning and control cycle of the group and different business units will be an important responsibility in this role. Next to this, there will be interesting finance projects to work on. Think of: evaluation of business cases, the implementation of BI and KPI dashboards. Therefore we are looking for a candidate with a change driven and IT savvy mindset. Furthermore you will take initiative to identify best practices and deliver proactive insights, roadmaps, and solutions to implement these company-wide.
“To quickly scale up our impact on the energy transition, FinCo strives to increase the share of low-carbon fuels in our energy mix. By 2035 FinCo Fuel will be 100 % green. We do not just want more volume, but also aim at a higher quality of products and processes”.
The ideal candidate
- Master degree in Finance, (Business) Economics or Accountancy, post-Master qualification (RA/RC) is a plus;
- Excellent communicating skills in English and fluent in Dutch;
- At least 7 years’ experience in a relevant finance (audit) or business control role, experience in Corporate Finance and/or M&A is a plus;
- Knowledge of Dutch GAAP reporting standards;
- Strong reporting, analytical and problem-solving skills;
- You feel very comfortable with tools like Excel & Powerpoint. Power BI experience is a nice to have;
- Knowledge of and/or experience in the Oil, Gas & Renewables sector is a strong plus.
- Positive attitude 'can do', collaborative approach and proactive in seeking solutions;
- Desire to learn fast and challenge yourself. Love the idea of working in a fast-paced environment.
Heb je interesse?
Wil je meer weten over de functie of het uitgebreide functieprofiel ontvangen neem dan contact op met Sjoerd.