This food company has more than 15,000 branches worldwide. It is a company of exceptional people on a mission.The franchise formula has been based in the Netherlands since 1989 and now has 200+ branches.
As the market leader they have the largest and most advanced delivery system in the Benelux. They believe the business in Europe could be expanded to at least 2,500 stores in the future. Last June they reached another important milestone with the opening of its 250th store.
They are also invested in innovation and sustainability. At the moment, 60% of the deliveries are done on E-bikes, with the goal to be 100% electric in 2021. Other developments include robot delivering and voice ordering.
Senior Financial Accountant Profile
The role of Senior Financial Accountant is based in the Utrecht area, where their European Shared Service Center is located. The Senior Financial Accountant reports directly to the Finance Manager France. This role includes full responsibility of administration, controlling and reporting of one legal entity. There is a strong interaction with the operational teams of their French head office located near Paris.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
(30%) Daily accounting activities
- Supervise daily accounting processes;
- Supervise AP and cash reconciliation processes with team members;
- Review accounting ledger entries;
- Preparation of payments proposal;
- Weekly reconciliations on specific accounts;
- Follow-up on business and P&L impacts with the business analyst located in France.
(60%) Monthly activities and period closing
- Prepare monthly memo journal entries;
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations;
- Control of monthly payslips and payroll entries;
- Organize monthly VAT return;
- Maintain fixed assets register;
- Manage buy-out and sale of stores process;
- Fully responsible of monthly P&L and balance sheet reporting;
- Provide accurate analysis on main P&L’s variances;
- Responsible for the interim and year-end audit.
(10%) Development department
- Assist the Finance Manager to continuously improve the systems and processes.
Ideal Senior Financial Accountant Candidate
- Education to Master degree in business administration, major in accounting and controlling (Bac+5 for French degrees such as Master CCA)
- Fluent in French and English or Dutch (written and spoken)
- 5 years relevant work experience
- Advanced skills in Excel
- Self-starter and highly motivated;
- Ability to work in a changing environment;
- Hands-on and proactive mentality;
- Team player who can demonstrate initiative
- Very accurate
- Excellent communication with stakeholders
- Experience with French legal entity, French charts of accounts and French tax is a plus.