Senior Financial Controller
Strohm is a young and dynamic company that designs and manufactures the fully bonded Thermoplastic Composite Pipe (TCP). Their headquarters are in Ijmuiden, with offices in Houston, Rio de Janeiro and Kuala Lumpur. Strohm currently employs 130 people and has market-leading investors including Shell Technology Ventures, Chevron Ventures and Evonik Ventures. The company is in a very interesting phase. The expectation is that the company will grow enormously in the coming years. The product is fully accepted by the traditional risk averse Oil & Gas companies. In addition to this growth several contracts have already been awarded to Strohm in the renewable energies market. Therefore Strohm continues to lower the footprint of the Oil & Gas activities and improve the abilities of the renewables market. Strohm breathes technical entrepreneurship, energy, pragmatism and a strong “can do, will do” atmosphere. Professionalism, stamina and an enormous drive and believe in the company typify the people within.
The job profile
The Senior Financial Controller will report directly to the Finance Director. In this position you will be instrumental in setting up and improving the quality of the financial reporting structure. You will manage the Accounting Team (2 FTE) and help them develop the department to a higher standard.
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Taking the lead with the financial processes in the ERP system ISAH;
- Setting up the project administration together with the project controller;
- Ensuring the company complies with all IFRS requirements regarding financial reporting;
- Responsible for the preparation and analysis of monthly and annual reports, as well as checking; the completeness and correctness of the submitted reports;
- Taking ownership of the Group (monthly) consolidation process and preparation of Financial Statements for both internal management and statutory purposes.
“Strohm is very entrepreneurial. We love the can-do mentality and keep moving forward. Making strong impact on the energy transition”
The ideal candidate
You’re able to be a strategic business partner from the financial accounting & control perspective: assess risks, influence the company direction and it’s process flows and more.
- Academic degree in business economics, ideally with a post graduate degree (RA, ACCA, CPA);
- Experience in a financial role in an international company and/or as auditor in a Big 4 accountancy firm;
- Strong technical accounting knowledge and IFRS experience;
- Advanced experience in Excel;
- Hands-on approach is essential to get things done, result focused;
- Accurate, able to work to strict deadlines, and comfortable working in a quick turnaround environment;
- Enjoys working together towards a professionally structured environment. You like the ‘start-up / scale up’ phase;
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) in English, Dutch is a plus, just as other languages;
- Knowledge of ERP system ISAH is a strong plus;
- Participation in various (ad hoc) improvement projects.
Heb je interesse?
Wil je meer weten over de functie of het uitgebreide functieprofiel ontvangen neem dan contact op met Frederik.