Are you a commercial oriented financial with strong business acumen, up for a next challenge?
For one of the world’s most popular and largest restaurant chains, we are looking for a Strategic Finance Manager with a commercial mindset for the Northern Europe region. The company is very ambitious and wants to open more and more restaurants. Their ambition is to grow over 30+ restaurants within the next five years within six countries in this region.
The atmosphere of the company is young and dynamic, international with an enthusiastic spirit and a ‘can-do’ attitude. They are strongly marketing driven and looking for innovation. As a result, there is an informal working culture: the team members form a strong community and are open and genuinely interested in one another. The values of “be your best self, have fun and make a difference” fit the culture perfectly.
Strategic Finance Manager Profile
The company is a marketing driven sales organization, therefore marketing is a key element of the company. There are many promotions and marketing campaigns, which generate a lot of data. How can this data be used to optimize the marketing processes and the timing of different promotions? This will be one of the principles within your role as a Strategic Finance Manager.
The Strategic Finance Manager has a key role providing commercial insights for the business. This position is a pivotal member of the Northern Europe Finance team and provide proactive and strategic insights and analysis on sales to grow the business. You report to the CFO. As the he Strategic Finance Manager you will primarily work closely with the Marketing Team, the Leadership Team and Franchise Partners. You will have a Commercial Analyst reporting into you. Together, you will proactively provide insights and business analysis regarding sales, trend analyses, forecasts and the success promotions with the key objective of improving marketing strategies and increasing company performance. The optimization and improvement of financial processes and digital transformation are other key elements of this role.
With these analyses you are able to provide constructive recommendations to convince stakeholders regarding marketing initiatives, investments and business cases. You will also proactively manage the (short-term) financial/commercial targets, without compromising on long-term BMU growth targets.
- Business Partnering: being a proactive advisor to the Marketing department and within the finance team.
- Proactive management of short-term financial & commercial targets/issues, while not compromising on long-term BMU growth targets.
- Problem solving and analysis on all sales related questions, including variance and trend analysis.
- Constructive recommendations to convince stakeholders on marketing, investments, and business cases that provide financial support.
- Provide recommendations to Finance/Leadership team on actions needed to achieve financial and sales targets.
- Judgement on correctness of the sales data reported to the Headquarters.
Ideal Strategic Finance Manager Profile
We are looking for a strong Financial Business partner that will take Commercial Control to the next level.
- Minimum of 8-10 years relevant working experience within a commercial role (ideally in FMCG, Food and/or Retail in a marketing driven organization):
- Strategic leadership experience (direct reports and cross functional management experience)
- Bachelor/ Master’s degree in a relevant studies, e.g. Finance & Accounting
- A commercial drive, business acumen.
- Proactive self-starter with demonstrated ability to provide actionable recommendations and drive change.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet strict deadlines. Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities.
- Demonstrates the ability to be the commercial agitator and challenge current ideas & processes.
- Outstanding analytical skills with ability to problem solve on tactical and strategic levels, reach sound conclusions, and take appropriate actions in an autonomous and proactive manner.
- Demonstrates the ability to be the commercial agitator and challenge current ideas & processes
- Keen focus on both the detail and big picture, along with strong issue-framing skills
- Huge levels of intellectual and strategic curiosity
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with proven ability to develop relationships, strong presentation skills, conduct effective business meetings, and lead projects to timely conclusion.
- Job requires high level influencing skills for day-to-day interactions with business partners.
- Excellent Excel skills; Experience in databases (e.g. Access, VBA and BI-tool).
- Knowledge BI Applications (preference for Oracle BICS) / Office 365.
- Fluent in English (Dutch is a plus).
- Leadership skills.