Our client is a global leader in the food industry. They are well known for their innovative approach and effort to be a sustainable company. We are currently looking to recruit a Business Controller for their Innovation department based out of Amersfoort. This role is a key position and a right hand role to the Finance Director of the Innovation department. Together with the other members of the finance team you will be working on a wide range of topics, ranging from participating in investment projects, to creating strategic projections around the launches of new products worldwide.
Business Controller Innovation Profile
As member of the Innovation Finance Team, you will support the Innovation organization by participating in various projects, and performing value adding analyses that contribute to effective steering of the business globally. Examples of activities in which you will be engaged are acting as a proactive team member in investment projects, and working in interdisciplinary teams on the execution of the innovation strategy. An important element of the role will be to act as finance sparring partner to the management team of our global research and development organization.
Innovation operates at the heart of the company’s strategy, as it is fully dedicated to developing the products and services of the future. Focus is on developing integrated, digitally enabled, value propositions in the triangle Health, Nutrition and Farming with the goal to improve performance of our customers. The finance team actively contributes to the implementation and execution of the innovation strategy. Key objective of this role is contribute to priority setting and allocation of resources through high quality analyses. All of these activities are aimed at optimizing returns on innovation and fueling future growth of the company at large.
Key accountabilities of the role:
- Acting as sparring partner to the Innovation Finance Director on a broad range of topics;
- Being a proactive (and steering) team member in various investment projects;
- Performing high quality business case analysis for Innovation projects, including post-launch success tracking;
- Being a sparring partner to the global R&D management team on behalf of the Innovation finance team.
- Driving effective use of Innovation resources through measurement on key financial metrics;
- Contributing to an effective short, medium and long term planning cycle;
- Delivering high-quality management information for effective steering of the business;
- Supporting and challenging project managers in investment projects.
Ideal Business Controller Innovation Candidate
For this role we are seeking an ambitious finance professional, who is eager to grow, both personally and professionally. Your capabilities should include being an excellent business partner, a critical yet constructive team player and a persuasive colleague. You should have the ability to combine a helicopter view with a concern for accuracy and details.
- Master in Business Economics, Business Administration or comparable, preferably added with RC or equivalent (CIMA, CMA);
- 5-8 years of relevant working experience in , Transaction Services, Corporate Finance or Audit in a Big-4 accounting firm. Other interesting backgrounds could be in financial consultancy, or business control in a multinational corporate;
- Proven track record in a demanding international business setting;
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills combined with a sense for business and control;
- Excellent English communication skills (oral and written), knowledge of other languages is considered a plus;
- Professional skills in Microsoft software (especially Excel and PowerPoint) and preferably in Hyperion or other financial reporting packages.